Spooking fish

We run wire and braid divers all the time. They are not as effective early in the year as the will be going forward into the heat of the summer. On jet divers I'll say they are much less effective then a segemented core and a flouro leader. I sold everyone I owned but they do offer a cheaper way to fish different depths then having ten lead core rigs. Inline boards with segmented lead core sets is the way to go in my opinion. Most of the charters still run big boards but I think if they tried the in line boards and stuck with it they wouldn't go back. Big boards are probably easier to use then in lines with customers but there is no better action then a church board, segmented core and rynowsky in a nice walleye chop. 

By segmented , do you mean like a 2 core , line in between and then maybe another 2 or core and etc? If so how much line between each cores and what pound test between? I have a 10 core On a reel I hardly use that I could break up that way and get a variety of different cores.

By segmented I mean for example a 5 color would be roughly 200 yards of backing (20lb test backing). 5 colors of lead and a thirty ft leader. Let out the five colors of lead and say thirty feet of backing attach board and let out. Same with 2 and 3 cores all the way up to ten. On our boat we will run two or three of the same color per side with the same amount of backing in the water. Like Sunday out of Dunkirk we ran two seven colors on one side and two fives on the other, two Dipsey and two riggers with a ten color as a chute rode. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics