Bass US and Canada border

We all know the US and Canada border is closed, but what dose that do for boating, can we run our boats in Canadian water drift in Canadian water with out touching shore. it seems there is a gray area a lot of different  opinions. We where on the upper Niagara river west side of Grand island ( that is 90% Canadian water ) we where running at about 30 mph  and the Canadian border boat stopped us (they where very nice and very polite) they told us the border was closed and that NO U.S. boats  could cross into Canadian water., running, or not. we talked for about 15 min. from how hot it was to fishing for bass and walleye, very nice guys. So the point is if your in that gray area and are not sure. this came right from them.  You CAN NOT cross into there water for any reason and that go's for the lakes ERIE and Ontario. that also means almost ALL of the west river is off limits.

We all know the US and Canada border is closed, but what dose that do for boating, can we run our boats in Canadian water drift in Canadian water with out touching shore. it seems there is a gray area a lot of different  opinions. We where on the upper Niagara river west side of Grand island ( that is 90% Canadian water ) we where running at about 30 mph  and the Canadian border boat stopped us (they where very nice and very polite) they told us the border was closed and that NO U.S. boats  could cross into Canadian water., running, or not. we talked for about 15 min. from how hot it was to fishing for bass and walleye, very nice guys. So the point is if your in that gray area and are not sure. this came right from them.  You CAN NOT cross into there water for any reason and that go's for the lakes ERIE and Ontario. that also means almost ALL of the west river is off limits.
Thank you for that update, I wasn't aware of that...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fyshon, you are right back around 3 years ago Canada and the US closed it borders and you could not enter Canadian waters with out calling and declaring in then they would give you a number to show if you got stopped, that ended when the US and Canada came to an agreement to allow crossing the border with out calling in as long as you did not make contact with shore. This is all together something different US boats can NOT enter Canadian water and Canadian boaters can not enter US waters period this is what the Canadian border patrol told us. this is all due to the corona virus.

2 minutes ago, Norm Moser said:

Fyshon, you are right back around 3 years ago Canada and the US closed it borders and you could not enter Canadian waters with out calling and declaring in then they would give you a number to show if you got stopped, that ended when the US and Canada came to an agreement to allow crossing the border with out calling in as long as you did not make contact with shore. This is all together something different US boats can NOT enter Canadian water and Canadian boaters can not enter US waters period this is what the Canadian border patrol told us. this is all due to the corona virus.

Copy that... Thank you

Americans were running Canadian bass fishermen from USA waters now. Stay away from Canadian waters now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
I'm glad I didn't renew my Canadian license this year... I never really fished Canadian waters but I got one in case I drifted over, sounds like a real shitshow out here...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

Being new to lake Erie fishing, how are you supposed to know if you drift over into Canadian waters? There are no buoys. My map on GPS does not show the border. I did downloaded some GPS coordinates for the US/Canada border that I got from Google maps. How strict are the Canadian border patrol? Obviously if you are a half mile into Canada you have no excuses, but if you are over by a few hundred feet, will they stop you?

Thanks.

Essential

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

An American family with property in Ontario was allowed to their cottage after agreeing to a 14 day quarantine. They are checked by cell phone calls and visits by OPP officers regularly. Fines are in the thousands of dollars. They are not allowed to swim in their lake. Really not an enjoyable stay.

• Like 1

An American family with property in Ontario was allowed to their cottage after agreeing to a 14 day quarantine. They are checked by cell phone calls and visits by OPP officers regularly. Fines are in the thousands of dollars. They are not allowed to swim in their lake. Really not an enjoyable stay.

Dumb

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now