Sbh

• 3 weeks later...

Fished the line 50-65ft 6:15am-1:15pm. Slowly.picked up (7) 18"-22" till 10:0am then it was dead till noon. Got (4) more between noon-1:15pm including a nice 7lb & 5lb fish  Best depth was 50-55fft. All harness bite. 7-10 leadcore and riggers at 40ft and 5ft from bottom worked best.

Edited by ws6rufus

• 2 weeks later...

7/21 - Caught five along the international line straight out from windmills in 60-65 FOW. Two with worm harness/Dipsy set on 2-130ish on line counter (gold blades) and three on stickbaits/lead core off back of boat-seven colors (perch jointed rapala and goby Bayrat).

This forum used to be a great resource but it has gone downhill. Statistics indicate there are plenty of fish out there for all so lets work together and share information.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

7/21 - Caught five along the international line straight out from windmills in 60-65 FOW. Two with worm harness/Dipsy set on 2-130ish on line counter (gold blades) and three on stickbaits/lead core off back of boat-seven colors (perch jointed rapala and goby Bayrat).

This forum used to be a great resource but it has gone downhill. Statistics indicate there are plenty of fish out there for all so lets work together and share information.

I haven't been here super long would be awesome if this forum was as active as the lake Ontario United forum....great group of guys over there as well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

8/12, 12p-4p - Launched at SBH and fished along international line near sturgeon point - 60-65 FOW. Caught nine walleye - 18”- 22”, to include one 26”. Never, ever marked more fish. Also caught one perch, one smallmouth bass, and one huge silver bass. Trolled at 1.5 mph - Used 7-color leadcore off back of boat and dispeys set at 3, out 130 ish off the side. One was caught on a goby bayrat, all others on worm harnesses - purple and pink. Please share your catch and tactics - Plenty of fish out there for all.

• Like 4

Sat 8/15,

12:30 -7:30pm skirted the Border 60-65 fow. The screen was loaded with fish all day, mostly stacked on the bottom. 78F on surface 76F at 60ft. 4 decent walleye, and several throw backs, 6 keeper perch, 10lb catfish and a lot of sheephead. Tried everything, harnesses, stickbaits, spoons and different speeds but the fish had "Lock Jaw". Must be the warm water even at 60ft. The area is loaded with fish and normally with a screen like we saw yesterday we would have boxed out quick. Hopefully all those fish will start biting when the water cools down.

Harnesses on downriggers dragging bottom & 7 colors caught most fish, only 1 on a stickbait.

Sat 8/15,
12:30 -7:30pm skirted the Border 60-65 fow. The screen was loaded with fish all day, mostly stacked on the bottom. 78F on surface 76F at 60ft. 4 decent walleye, and several throw backs, 6 keeper perch, 10lb catfish and a lot of sheephead. Tried everything, harnesses, stickbaits, spoons and different speeds but the fish had "Lock Jaw". Must be the warm water even at 60ft. The area is loaded with fish and normally with a screen like we saw yesterday we would have boxed out quick. Hopefully all those fish will start biting when the water cools down.
Harnesses on downriggers dragging bottom & 7 colors caught most fish, only 1 on a stickbait.

Thank you for sharing - I’ll be out WED or THURSDAY and I’ll post afterward

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics