Fishing out of North East PA

I have a Lund Alaskan 50 HP tiller and was wondering what folks think of the wind and weather forecast for fishing out of N.E. this Mon to Friday? It's a 16ft 10 in and 82 inch beam boat and pretty stable boat. Actually feels safer than an older 19 foot Starcraft I had. looks like wind out of the north, and I imagine that's not good for the south side of Erie. Thanks, Ron

My boat is dry dock in northeast... right now mon thru wen's looks good to me...quite good rest to far out to tell...lake was rocking today calmed down a bit and weekends looking slightly better by the minute...I may still not go out...mudline is out deep right now too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If I can get suitable accommodations, I think I may come up Monday morning. I've got D/R's, big boards and inline boards. If boards are best for now, I;d rather use my big boards verses the inlines. Any recommendations on what to bring along? Thanks, Ron

If I can get suitable accommodations, I think I may come up Monday morning. I've got D/R's, big boards and inline boards. If boards are best for now, I;d rather use my big boards verses the inlines. Any recommendations on what to bring along? Thanks, Ron
I'm not sure where they are but they were moving deeper last weekend...50+- fow 25-bottom I'm reading.

1 white bass! A little rough for my 16 footer. Only fished a few hours in the morning. Yes from what others said, the lake flipped. temp dropped 10 or 12 plus degrees. Hoping for a better day today, Gonna fish the morning,then after supper

1 white bass! A little rough for my 16 footer. Only fished a few hours in the morning. Yes from what others said, the lake flipped. temp dropped 10 or 12 plus degrees. Hoping for a better day today, Gonna fish the morning,then after supper
When the fish go deep and are hanging out in that 50'+ range, we fish with single strand stainless wire and a deep diving crank just over the Ohio line from PA. Most spool up 300' of wire on top of backing on a reel and put a mono or fluro leader.

Dive curve is 1' of depth for every 10' of wire + crank depth. So 300' of wire with a Rapala DHJ-12 will run 49' down at 2mph. It's very effective once the fish go deep.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went out 1-5pm ish got another nice steelie in first 10 min...worked from 60-100 fow nothing more...even had Laker gear out it's upper 40 degrees down 40 out there even saw 38 degrees down 60 she's cold...surface back to almost 70 tonight gotta be soon

Fished 8-2 today not much going on started out deep 80-120' looking for Lakers caught 1 lost 3 came trolled in to 30 lost a steelie in 60 screens good in 50-30 just no bites. So slow still...water temp is starting to come back had 55 down 30 today

• Like 1

Fished 5-9pm nothing...nadda...not many marks 29-50fow slow hope it picks up soon...looking at last year pics/ fb reports I had next weekend was the start for me...let's hope it repeats.....similar reports from guys at the docks...only heard of 1 hook up....back at it in the morning for few hours last trip till weekend.JPEG_20200621_195931.jpg

Mon 6-22
Fished 10am-2 had a report of a guy doing decent in tight so we followed. Fished 17-30 fow landed a pile of sheep a nice bass few white bass and 2 eyes. Sticks and spoons water temp at bottom was 65 they gotta be coming soon! I think we were around 15 fish for the morning our best day this year. Was nice to get on a steady bite even if it was sheep's lol kids enjoyed itIMG_20200622_132301.jpgIMG_20200622_124924.jpgMVIMG_20200622_120243.jpgIMG_20200622_101711.jpgIMG_20200622_111706.jpgIMG_20200622_174805.jpg

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics