Fishing out of North East PA

• 2 weeks later...

Been fishing last few days pretty slow. Fished 30-60' looking for a better bite...best bite I found was 1.5-1.8 mph at the ball...I have a hard time getting that slow but when I could find a direction that helped me get there my bite picked up alot..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hope to get back up there towards the end of the month. 6 hour drive one way for me, so I like to see 4 or 5 days of good weather. Scheduled for 2 weeks in Ontario mid Sept. With the border situation, that doesn't look good. How's the walleye bite in Sept? Might have to do my 2 weeks there.

I agree our walleye bite from now till October only gets better as it goes by. Our bite here should pick up any day and it is getting better daily...the fish are here stacked but gotta work for them. Guys are catching limits but it's full day's work for most. This fish will also move deeper as water warms not uncommon to catch them 70-100 fow in August which is cool bc you can target Lakers while your thete too and have double the fun lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile...I've fished last few weekends and last night. Been fishing only a few hours at a time with wife and kids. Fishing for us has been on the slower side. Averaging about 2 eyes and hour with some junk fish mixed in when under 60 fow. Last night we ventured out deeper 100+' to look around only spent about an hour out there. Hopefully spend some more time there this weekend if all goes as planned. Last night was gold and silver harnesses on dipsys out 130-150 3 setting. Thermocline is setting up nicely out there i can see it on my Helix.

Some guys are doing way better than me lol hoping to get my program dialed soon. Guys catching them from 40-100+ from what I'm seeing.

• Like 1

Hey Stoneam2006 did you mark many fish out at 100 ft. I have been finding them in 50 to 60 fow,, from the N.Y. line to Freeport. We did hit pockets of cold water on Tuesday, surface temp was 76 but at 55 fow the temp dropped to 60, and no fish marks. Five and six color of lead and downriggers have been working best for us.

Hey Stoneam2006 did you mark many fish out at 100 ft. I have been finding them in 50 to 60 fow,, from the N.Y. line to Freeport. We did hit pockets of cold water on Tuesday, surface temp was 76 but at 55 fow the temp dropped to 60, and no fish marks. Five and six color of lead and downriggers have been working best for us.
Yea there's some fish out there in 90 and under up high I assume walleye....lots of marks out 115-130 deep Laker fishing was great today with some bonus steel 115-130 down 80-90...gambler rigs with death trap...fished 6-12 boated 10 Lakers 2 steelies (1 was dink) 1 eye and lost 2 eyes and few Lakers....good morning on ErieIMG_20200725_112432.jpgIMG_20200725_103707.jpgIMG_20200725_092817.jpgIMG_20200725_095823.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't mark any eyes that deep...once hit 90 ish started to see some marks higher up which I think could be eyes...I picked 1 up 70 down in 9? Today

Guy at camp said he picked a couple up over the MTN but didn't mark much over there...screens loaded at 60 on bottom

Guy at camp said he picked a couple up over the MTN but didn't mark much over there...screens loaded at 60 on bottom

Bottom waters out real deep could have oxygen depleted water due to algae and fish decay. It is called a “dead zone”.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

Was hoping to come up Sunday and fish through Thursday. The weather forecast sure doesn't look too good. I'm 6 hours driving one way and paying a motel bill for each night. I don't mind a sitting out a morning or afternoon, but I sure don't want to sit in a motel 2 days out of 4. The winds concern me more than the rain. I just have a Lund Alaskan 16 foot tiller boat. 

If the winds are to much for your 16ft boat to handle on Lake Erie drive 30 minutes over the hill to Chautauqua Lake and bottom bounce worm harnesses on weed edges in North basin.

Was hoping to come up Sunday and fish through Thursday. The weather forecast sure doesn't look too good. I'm 6 hours driving one way and paying a motel bill for each night. I don't mind a sitting out a morning or afternoon, but I sure don't want to sit in a motel 2 days out of 4. The winds concern me more than the rain. I just have a Lund Alaskan 16 foot tiller boat. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Interesting night tonight...fished 6-9 went out to 60' nadda tried every direction fast slow spoons harness stick nothin...came in to 48-54 occupy the kids with sheep hopefully lol..did 5 keeper eyes in 20 min tons of shorts strikes and a bunch of crap fish and shorts. I had rough day on boating the fish I dropped 4/5 of them at the back of boat trying to swing them in thinking they were smaller than they looked lol kids gave me a line of crap today lol...still fun night...hope to fish tomorrow night and all weekend!

• Like 2

Good to know there are alternatives to fishing the main lake, but I'm pretty much set on wanting to fish the main lake if driving that far. Weather forecast seems like wild guessing on their part. Winds seem more manageable now and the thunderstorms are usually in the afternoon. I like morning fishing and evening fishing so sitting out afternoons is no problem. I guess I'll make a final decision tomorrow.   Thanks for all the replies! 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics