2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

This is the response I received from Sunset:

We are scheduled to begin the build the first week of April. I’m not sure of your particular usage:

• If you are looking to reserve a dock space, the season is scheduled to Start May 22 and all reservations, both seasonal and transient, are done online through Reserve America. This link would take you directly to the reservations page: https://newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com/marina/sunset-bay-state-marine-park/r/marinaDetails.do?contractCode=NY&parkId=7735
  • If you are looking for the use of the ramp with the side docks, it will be available as we build. We have put out notices that the ramp is Closed as of April 1 for Mon-Thurs until 3:30 pm each day – open after that time for use each day and all day on Fri-Sat-Sun. The ramp sides are usually the first thing installed as everything else is built off of them. The ramp’s center dock gets installed last. We hope to be clear of the ramp area by April 14. We will still be working on the dock utilities at that point, but there should be no more ramp access restrictions after that date; unless there is a weather event that puts us behind.

We will keep both our webpage: https://parks.ny.gov/parks/194/details.aspx and our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SunsetBayStateMarinePark updated with the closure information.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:51 AM, jimski2 said:

Do you really think the Parks workers were cutting grass and clearing the swimming beaches? All this work could have been earlier.

The state employees do not install the docks at sunset bay state marina. They are contracted thru anchor marine. I'm not sticking up for the marina, but just stating facts. My guess barring Amy major weather isn't hey will be done with actual installation before the 14th. Power, water, and other utilities will be installed after dock work is finished. 

This stupid delay for a contractor for the launch docks shows no consideration for the trailer boat operators. With all the sales, fuel, registration fees and taxes collected by the trailer boat owners. With the loss of Sturgeon Point launch early last season someone is asleep at the wheel. Competent Management is needed.

24 minutes ago, jimski2 said:

This stupid delay for a contractor for the launch docks shows no consideration for the trailer boat operators. With all the sales, fuel, registration fees and taxes collected by the trailer boat owners. With the loss of Sturgeon Point launch early last season someone is asleep at the wheel. Competent Management is needed.

Well unfortunately competent management at that marina hasn't happened since parks took it over. The management there is clueless. They do not understand its only a marina and not a park where people are going to picnic and such. Believe I have been very vocal about this every year. There is no reason why the launch docks are not in yet. I agree 100% with you. It's the only marina in WNY that don't open by may 15th. We lose at least a week on the front side and usually 2 weeks on the back side they usually close the first week of October.  

• 4 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics