2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

I tried to go to Catt Monday afternoon. Road was blocked off to traffic as it looked like the railroad tracks were being replaced or repaired. Don't know if work is done or not. They were letting local traffic thru but no room to get thru with a boat on trailer. 

15 minutes ago, Puking Dog said:

I tried to go to Catt Monday afternoon. Road was blocked off to traffic as it looked like the railroad tracks were being replaced or repaired. Don't know if work is done or not. They were letting local traffic thru but no room to get thru with a boat on trailer. 

You mean I might be able to tow my boat and go faster than 1/2 mph over the tracks now?

Yea, ran into that today, gotta take the detour and cross the tracks further west. Intended on going for eyes but a couple guys at the dock had bad reports so we did the perch thing instead. Good choice. Big time rollers out there today too but the perch were cooperating. Good luck if anyone is getting out again!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Fished for perch 12:30-5:30pm after the Epic failure of the weatherman. Was supposed to be 65 and 7% chance of rain. It rained in varying intensity until 2pm and never got above 55. Searched  for perch in the 3ft rollers from 50 fow to 80 fow. Found some random small pods in 70 fow but could not find any schools.  Ended up with 20 perch.  About 20 other boats getting tossed around with us. Good Luck to anyone braving the cold this weekend!

Yes, weatherman blew that one. Was not expecting that much rain but the perch cooperated. Ended up with 36 from 9-13inches. I fished in about 63 feet inside where most other boats were. Wanted to fish some for walleye but started to get too rough and I was soaked by noon. Talked to few guys at the ramp and no one seemed to have any luck with walleye.

• 3 weeks later...

State Launch is free now, also without docks. You will have to use the "youngest guy jumps out to get the truck" technique but its not that bad.  Make sure you have your motor/outdrive tilted up until you get away from shore, it is very shallow without the docks.  Good Luck fishing!!!

The water temperature is around 50 degrees F. now. Walleyes suspend near the surface now. Your boat spooks them away so your screen is empty. Use side planers to reach away from your boat. Deep diving plugs, jet planers will keep your lures up and not sink too deep with harnesses. Anything in the top 24 foot of the surface is where they feed on bait near the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Got 48 today, monday 38 yesterday. Perch fishing with Emerald shiners that that nice gentleman that had for us at the foot of Ferry . 63.8 feet of water was our best spot we were just on the Deep Side Of The Pack . Two days in a row the exact same spot . very very light bite but we definitely hammered them when they were under the boat I couldn't imagine feeling any of the bites if there was any bit of a wave out there thank God it was flat as glass two days in a row.20201109_101155.thumb.jpeg.41e35dfd97ffebf24058c5e45ef70a9a.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 5

On 11/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, joe lagreca said:

Got 48 today, monday 38 yesterday. Perch fishing with Emerald shiners that that nice gentleman that had for us at the foot of Ferry . 63.8 feet of water was our best spot we were just on the Deep Side Of The Pack . Two days in a row the exact same spot . very very light bite but we definitely hammered them when they were under the boat I couldn't imagine feeling any of the bites if there was any bit of a wave out there thank God it was flat as glass two days in a row.20201109_101155.thumb.jpeg.41e35dfd97ffebf24058c5e45ef70a9a.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

That was the depth I got into them too a few weeks ago. Except it was really rough, very hard to feel the bite with so much weight needing to get down there. But generally just get to the bottom, lift up the rod and more times than not I would have one or two  on.

Who knew we'd have such great weather. I put my boat up for winter.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics