2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

Sunday Sept 7, 2020
Fished solo off Eagle Bay 11:15 till 6:30
Marked fish almost constantly but couldn't buy a hit (see screen shot of fish finder).
Ran big dipseys, 1 down rigger and 4 color lead with 5 oz snap weight. 83 to 86 FOW. Nothing worked. Sticks, harnesses and spoons. I was running 3 mph om main engine trying to burn up some older gas and I'm thinking that was the problem. Next time out I'm switching back to my kicker. Live and learn. Dragged downrigger ball right thru marks and zip.

20200906_173252.thumb.jpg.23306415637f4acbe8c58315026c7e33.jpg
Could those be perch on your screen? Or something other than walleyes? Only because on my Lowrance the walleyes usually light up yellow and red as in they're thicker and more dense those to me look like small fish being only blue

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

After my limit of eyes yesterday, I checked out some waypoints from 65-54’ in front of the cat.  I saw a few marks that looked more like silvers and sheepshead than that nice solid band of perch.  Not too many years ago, we fished the beginning of August. But there weren’t any walleyes around then and there were plenty of emeralds. Lately, the first week of October and water temps in the mid 60’s should bring them in.  Can’t wait.

First time fishing out of Catt. Creek state launch yesterday, Thursday 9/10. Usually launch at Sturgeon Point. On the water around 12:30 pm and came in just after the sunset. Interesting day. Never found the good screens like some have posted in the last few weeks. Went out to 80 to 85 feet and drifted with bottom bouncers on the North wind. Picked up a nice 26 inch eye pretty soon after. Thought it would be a great day but the marks and biting never really materialized. Switched to trolling when wind let up and then went back to drifting to finish up. Got 2 more eyes 20 and 22 inches drifting in the last hour of light. Enjoyed this area of the lake. Lots of boats out when we first got out and most had gone in by mid to late afternoon.

Bite must have been better early? Anyone else have better luck? Did see a few nets out early.

• Like 1

I was out yesterday again and limited out by 8:30.  Interesting morning. Started out flat calm and foggy and then the north wind picked up. I went straight out to 85' just a little west of the Cat.  First thing I noticed is that the fish moved up 10-15' in the water column. I moved everything up from the day before. Best bait was a black worm harness on a wire dipsey set at 2 and 140' back. Lead line was good out 9 colors compared to 10 the day before. I had a purple/black reef runner on that.  The Michigan stinger spoon that was good the day before was a blank yesterday but another purple reef runner on the rigger parked 65' down worked.  Speed was 1.7, 1.8 over bottom.

• Like 3

Went out Thursday from Dunkirk-n/w from harbor to 75'-set lines at 6am trolling northeast to 89'-by 745am had 5 in the box-all on brown Renowskys on Walker Deeper Divers on 2 out 150'-and then never moved a net all day. Up/down/dark/light/lead core/harnesses/browns-reds/yellows per my wife-nothing produced another bite!!! Wednesday was non-stop all day-perch-walleye-sheepshead and a steelhead!!! The boats on the lake disappeared on Thursday-so maybe the bite turned off for everyone on Thursday during the day and Wednesday there was an armada of boats out all day off the windmills....

Walteye

• Like 3

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

Fished on Wednesday 80-85 ft off of Silver Creek; took a 2 man limit all on harnesses, purple /gold and purple/ black worked best, mostly off the riggers, also dipsys on #3 setting @180’, fish were really tight to the bottom

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thumbburn said:

He was right... did 14 today west of the cat... cores dipseys and riggers.... spoons on the riggers stix on everything else... no worm today

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

what was your depth thx

jeff

28 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Thinking about heading out on Sunday, just wondering if it’s still worth the effort to go out for walleye if they are still out there? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yes it is. Caught 6 yesterday fishing solo in 85 fow. All on riggers set 10 to15' off bottom. Got 5 on harnesses and 1 on a spoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics