2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

Yep been running the same program. I'm planning to take a couple guys out tomorrow all day it'd be sweet if someone was able to give me a wave report sometime tonight I just have a hard time believing that darn forecast 325 one day and then one foot or less the next morning.. actually saying one foot or less tonight

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

My last time out marine forecast 2 or less. Took water over bow and bilge ran multiple times but we caught fish

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

They are always way off. The best you can do is hope for a SE wind under 15 and go,  and that don't happen often. The Port Coulbourne buoy is averaging wave height not measuring  max height. If you double what they are reporting, you will be in the ball park. SE wind will be flat. S wind and E wind are almost as good. Any extended SW wind is building waves all the way from Michigan with nothing to stop them. The local news stations must be reporting waves inside the breakwalls  in Bufffalo. They should get out on the lake sometime after they report 1 foot or less and see what the real world is like. You would think that for a city on 2 Great Lakes,  that at least one TV station could get a clue. It would probably be good for ratings. I know I would watch that station.

Edited by Puking Dog
better rant.
  • Like 2

Went out of the Catt and started off Eagle bay in 75 fow and trolled to the Purina up to 90 fow ..tons of fish on the screen, worked hard for 5 fish...saw the biggest one foot waves with white caps I've ever seen before..fish were tight to the bottom..lots of bait too .no one lure out did the other ...guess five is better than none or one. A light south wind around 5 mph would be a nice change of pace 

• Like 2

Fished yesterday off the Catt. Got a late start, launched about 1:30 pm. Wind out of the SE going out, found some good screens between 75-80. Riggers 5-7' off the bottom, and dipsys on 2.5 setting back 150' worked well. Harnesses with copper backs caught all fish. Winds picked up around 5:30 and cut our day short. Waves now a solid 2, some close to 3 footers. Made for a long slow ride back in a 18' boat but worth it with 9 fish in the box between 19-22". (Waves a foot or less lol)

F34CEE39-5909-4B96-9508-D4909B73E2CA_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 2

Fished yesterday off the Catt. Got a late start, launched about 1:30 pm. Wind out of the SE going out, found some good screens between 75-80. Riggers 5-7' off the bottom, and dipsys on 2.5 setting back 150' worked well. Harnesses with copper backs caught all fish. Winds picked up around 5:30 and cut our day short. Waves now a solid 2, some close to 3 footers. Made for a long slow ride back in a 18' boat but worth it with 9 fish in the box between 19-22". (Waves a foot or less lol)
F34CEE39-5909-4B96-9508-D4909B73E2CA_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.76329756d1eb829bf134bc9d423aa9b6.jpeg
We fished Just a Touch shallower than that and didn't mark anything like that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sun 9/6 7:30-1:00. 

Boxed 15. 80-85fow a little west of the Catt. Screen was great with fish mostly stacked on bottom.  10 color, 250 copper, 7 & 8 colors with 2oz snap weights caught most fish. Tried dragging balls right on bottom and also at 50-70ft but only got 2 on downriggers. 14 on harnesses 1 on Bayrat. Natural colors on harnesses worked best.

• Like 1

Sunday Sept 7, 2020

Fished solo off Eagle Bay 11:15 till 6:30

Marked fish almost constantly but couldn't buy a hit (see screen shot of fish finder).

Ran big dipseys, 1 down rigger and 4 color lead with 5 oz snap weight. 83 to 86 FOW. Nothing worked. Sticks, harnesses and spoons. I was running 3 mph om main engine trying to burn up some older gas and I'm thinking that was the problem. Next time out I'm switching back to my kicker. Live and learn. Dragged downrigger ball right thru marks and zip.

20200906_173252.jpg

• Like 1

We did best @ 1.0-1.2 mph down speed on the FishHawk. GPS & top speed on FishHawk showed 2.0-2.2 mph. When we went faster the Sheepshead started biting and the Walleye stopped.  I think with the warm water slower is probably better. The water on Sunday was 73.2 on the surface and 73.2 at 85ft.

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics