2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

Did real good today out of the cat and yesterday. Bite it was a little slower today. Did real good on little scorpion spoons bayrat spoons and little warrior spoons 10 color LED core was are best. Anybody have any idea what we kept marking 20ft down I was thinking they were silver bass but they were showing up much bigger on the graph20200817_114904.thumb.jpeg.6593f63754c4e61ddf3954a19f94f484.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I’m a 100 percent convinced it’s bait because on a sunny day it’s starts off high early in the morning and as the sun gets higher you can watch it slowly move down in the water column.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

That's what confuses me I put a two-color then a five color and the Seven color leadcore out with a spoon that we've been having success on and nothing. Couldn't get them to pop the down deep ones were no problem. That's why I'm not sure if they were wise but they had the density of a bigger fish

Joe had same marks tried to catch couldn’t pull it e

Wednesday Aug 20. Rough Water going out. Lake layed down some by noon. Started at 75 fow and trolled to 88 fow. Spent most of the time in 78 to 85 FOW trolling West. Caught 9 Walleye by 9 am then it slowed down. Ended up with 10 by noon. All on various stick baits on 10 color and 7 color lead cores. Caught a few on fluttering spoons up from downrigger placed one foot from the bottom. Dipsey divers did not produce for us. One was in the water for hours with a crawler harness and it was never touched. I woul get there at daybreak next time. We started at 645 am and it took 20 minutes to get out to depth it was so rough. Saw lots of bait, and huge globs of something on the bottom. I perceived them to be perch.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

We took a 2 man limit out of the Catt today..... Very rough early. Same story as above, 10 colors with sticks did the damage although we did get 2 of the last 3 on harnesses on the riggers. Lots of barren water out there today, but when we marked fish we caught fish. Spent our time in 75 - 90 fow, but most productive area was around 80 fow. Divers were mysteriously silent, no matter what I put behind them. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reports guys! Was going to get out today but the weather report isn’t that good.Saturday morning looking good, will report how we do . Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

Same here, we were going to go today, but Dunkirk Buoy and Marine Zone forecast looks sketchy for today, going to hope Saturday is good and it settles down overnight tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Fished Tuesday out of Dunkirk (Crestliner 21' wrapped boat)-Wife and dog both sick due to the rough seas-ended up with 5 all on red Renoskys 50' down over 80-lead with snap weight and dipseys..  Wednesday -Friday fished in 1' or less as predicted (we all know the true story) out of Barcelona-caught from 5 fish to 2 man limit heading out to PA line and trolling back to Brocton shoals. Black and purple/copper back  harness did the work early-then brown/orange Renoskys took the most fish. Threw Stinger spoons on dipseys through the days and only caught sheepshead-although a couple were in the 12-15# range!!

We marked a lot of fish up in the 20' range-we caught silver bass and small walleye ( 16") fishing smaller stick baits there. we marked BIG bait balls or very congregated  perch near the bottom- besides the bait in all different shapes and sizes that were thrown up by our walleye-their stomaches were full. That may be a reason why we are not catching limits plus...... 

On Friday in the 1' or less (LOL)-my wife and dog both were sick again. My 8 year old White German Shepherd never got sick until this year- it must be my wife getting sick first!!!

Thanks for the info.....

Walteye 

• Like 4

Fished out of the Catt today, started out in 85-90’ , picked up a couple then worked in to 75 fow straight out from the windmill, finished with a two man limit, worked a good sized school . Dipsy’s and riggers, with harnesses, pink and fire tiger blades did most of the work !

• Like 3

Fished out of the Catt today, started out in 85-90’ , picked up a couple then worked in to 75 fow straight out from the windmill, finished with a two man limit, worked a good sized school . Dipsy’s and riggers, with harnesses, pink and fire tiger blades did most of the work !

Thanks for report nice going

Fished out of the cat on Saturday there was a tournament and Dunkirk and a lot of boats launched from the cat talkin to the parking director he said that they had 75 launches before I got there the place was packed !!!Very organized and I was in the water within 20 minutes my hats off to those guys I found a nice School 70 feet and got my limit purple and black harnesses took all the fish nothing on sticks was blessed with a nice 10 and 1/2 pound eye...Fun he made 3 long runs.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 5

Got to limit out of Dunkirk it's like they talk to each other when they see that 20 foot Crestliner up there. Some of them till the other ones not to bite then some of them try to trick the other ones into biting it's funny. We crushed them right away then we had a two-hour nap then we crushed them again then a little nap and then we finished within an hour20200823_081840.jpeg20200823_110834.jpeg

• Like 2

Had a great day yesterday out of the Catt! Lots of activity in 70 to 90 ft, pulled a 3 man limit and 4 perch , all on harnesses with dipsys and rigggers, got fish on all colors, they weren’t picky,must have sensed the oncoming front the bite was quite good!

• Like 4

Had a great day yesterday out of the Catt! Lots of activity in 70 to 90 ft, pulled a 3 man limit and 4 perch , all on harnesses with dipsys and rigggers, got fish on all colors, they weren’t picky,must have sensed the oncoming front the bite was quite good!

How far down were you fishing?

Yep been running the same program. I'm planning to take a couple guys out tomorrow all day it'd be sweet if someone was able to give me a wave report sometime tonight I just have a hard time believing that darn forecast 325 one day and then one foot or less the next morning.. actually saying one foot or less tonight

Yep been running the same program. I'm planning to take a couple guys out tomorrow all day it'd be sweet if someone was able to give me a wave report sometime tonight I just have a hard time believing that darn forecast 325 one day and then one foot or less the next morning.. actually saying one foot or less tonight

Check out glbuoys.glos.us its the Great Lakes observing system , there you can find the link to the Dunkirk buoy, it’s updated several times a day , you can get almost real time conditions!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics