2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

Did pretty good today but had to work for it ! Fished in 85-90 fow straight out of the Catt, fish were deeper today, ran harnesses off the riggers@ 70-75’ down and dipsys @160-180’, purple w/ gold backing willow blades did the best.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

fished 7-12 today 80-94 fow dipsey 1  with ring set at 3 150 back purple and pink,and white and red harnesses caught everything boxed 11 lost 4 at boat  

jeff

• Like 2

Fished west of the Catt - would have been a shorter run from Dunkirk actually. Got our 18 fish limit in two and a half hours plus some throw backs we got while clearing rods. All on sticks, Bay Rats and Renoskys. Color didn’t matter. Fished from 75 to 90 fow primarily 40 to 60 down. Speed was 2.0 to 2.2 at the ball.

Here is what we used:
10 color
9 color
8 color
8 color
2 - riggers at 62’ down with sticks caught 6
2 - dioseys, one set at 2 back150’ and one at 1 1/2 back 130’. Dipseys caught 4 fish.
Leadcore caught the rest.

Great temp break down around 55 to 65 feet. When we hit that 60 degree water it was on.

Back at it tomorrow if weather holds. Tight lines all.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Totally Hooked said:

Fished west of the Catt - would have been a shorter run from Dunkirk actually. Got our 18 fish limit in two and a half hours plus some throw backs we got while clearing rods. All on sticks, Bay Rats and Renoskys. Color didn’t matter. Fished from 75 to 90 fow primarily 40 to 60 down. Speed was 2.0 to 2.2 at the ball.

Here is what we used:
10 color
9 color
8 color
8 color
2 - dioseys, one set at 2 back150’ and one at 1 1/2 back 130’. Dipseys caught 4 fish.

Great temp break down around 55 to 65 feet. When we hit that 60 degree water it was on.

Very similar results as well. Started with harnesses on dipsy’s.  By the time we were done had sticks on everything.

Wow, I've never seen thermocline on Erie off the Catt yet. It's always been virtually same temp surface to bottom. Usually around 74 degrees.

Here is what we used:
10 color
9 color
8 color
8 color

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yeah, it was there for sure.

We ran the same program today that we did yesterday, all sticks on longer cores, riggers and dipseys. Pink sticks were by far the MVPs of the day. Rough going getting out with the rollers so we spent the time to chug down toward Dunkirk and put waves at our back. Glad we did, started at 8 and done by 11:00 just about in front of the Catt. We had a fairly smooth troll for the day.

All sticks.
Speed was 2.0 to 2.2.
Depth was 40 to 70 down over 75 to 85 fow.

• Like 3

Old news but fished Saturday straight off the Catt in 80-90 fow. Got a 2 man limit, riggers down 50-60,  10 fish were caught off harnesses and 2 off sticks. Chartreuse, red & purple all worked. Speed between 1.8 & 2.6. Dipsy's on 2 setting at 110-130. Saw a lot of baitfish & perch on the graph.

IMG_1591.jpeg

• Like 1

We had 3 man limit on saturday fishing out of the Catt. Started NW in about 80 fow. Trolled westward. All sticks ,7 color and 10 color off the inline boards. Divers out 110-140. Almost all our action was trolling west with light waves at our back. Tried trolling east into waves very little action. So we turned back to west and action picked up and we finished our box. Also found they wanted it alittle fast. Speed at ball 2.4-2.7.   When we finished we were about 100 fow in front of Dunkirk.

• Like 1

fished out of Dunkirk this morning with my daughter (first time out with me in her 20 years of her existence) and her boyfriend.  We ended up with 10, letting my daughter reel in most of the fish and try her hand at netting.  She lost 5, knocked one of mine at the boat and her boyfriend lost 2, plus missed a few hits. But landed a bonus 12 lb lake trout.  Should have limited out, but time spent with my daughter was priceless.  She had a great time and hopefully she has the itch.  Anyways, our best depth was 97'- 103', we used a10 core, riggers at 56 and 58, and dipseys at 165- 170.  Fished all sticks, bombers, scatter rap and smithwick rougue 10's.  

• Like 3

Did real good today out of the cat and yesterday. Bite it was a little slower today. Did real good on little scorpion spoons bayrat spoons and little warrior spoons 10 color LED core was are best. Anybody have any idea what we kept marking 20ft down I was thinking they were silver bass but they were showing up much bigger on the graph20200817_114904.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Did real good today out of the cat and yesterday. Bite it was a little slower today. Did real good on little scorpion spoons bayrat spoons and little warrior spoons 10 color LED core was are best. Anybody have any idea what we kept marking 20ft down I was thinking they were silver bass but they were showing up much bigger on the graph20200817_114904.thumb.jpeg.6593f63754c4e61ddf3954a19f94f484.jpeg

Bet they are walleye

That's what confuses me I put a two-color then a five color and the Seven color leadcore out with a spoon that we've been having success on and nothing. Couldn't get them to pop the down deep ones were no problem. That's why I'm not sure if they were wise but they had the density of a bigger fish

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics