2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

Two launches are available, the State Park Launch near the Break water and the Hanover Town launch at the first right turn after the railroad tracks. The marina has a launch also and you can store your boat there to save towing time.

Salted emerald shiners work for perch but I also purchase golden shiners they work some also. Miller's Bait store has whatever minnows are available. I fish with one pole for perch to catch more faster. When you set out three poles you waste a lot of time and bait rebaiting minnows that are stolen from your non hand held lines. Most important is to set one minnow snelled hook close to the sinker as perch are lazy and like to pick off a minnow lying in the mud than rising up to chase higher suspended minnows. 

Most important is to bleed your walleyes and perch immediately in a separate bucket to catch the blood and gurry. This keeps the flesh white during cooking.Then immediately ice your fish since when you catch too many and you are too tired to clean them when you get home. With the immediate icing the fish you are good to go tomorrow with no fish spoilage. Fish in a livewell are subject to spoilage especially when surface water temperatures hit 60 degrees F. or more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The report I saw said 1 to 3. Sorry maybe I was looking at the wrong one. I always check NWS Ripley to Buffalo. I tried to attach a screenshot but it said "this community does not support a file if this type".

NOAA said 2 feet or less???

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

There is also a launch on the creek between state park launch and Hanover. It's called Hidden Harbour. It's very nice if the other 2 run out of parking spaces. I usually use the state park launch at the end because I get a senior discount. Lot of my friends prefer Hanover because they have a fish cleaning station, but I clean my fish at home. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I managed 46 perch this morning, and then fished for walleyes from 11 -  1 and never moved a rod. We did mark fish in 60 fow, mostly 40 - 50 down. The surface temps were around 65 F, with temp on the bottom in 60 fow, at 52 F...…… Beautiful day. Picked up our bait from Millers, but all that is available right now is fatheads...… All in all, great day.

Edited by J. Sparrow
  • Like 1

My wife and I managed 46 perch this morning, and then fished for walleyes from 11 -  1 and never moved a rod. We did mark fish in 60 fow, mostly 40 - 50 down. The surface temps were around 65 F, with temp on the bottom in 60 fow, at 52 F...…… Beautiful day. Picked up our bait from Millers, but all that is available right now is fatheads...… All in all, great day.
Thanks for the report. Looks like it is holding true that our good Walleye fishing doesn't start until July.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Garry ……… There were quite a few boats out trolling walleyes, and from the dock talk, it sounded like 3 - 4 fish was about average for a morning trip. Our 2 hour attempt at walleyes wasn't exactly prime time.... 11 am to 1 pm.... In the 2 hours of trolling, we didn't mark tons of fish..... 

17 minutes ago, garrymny said:

Thanks for the report. Looks like it is holding true that our good Walleye fishing doesn't start until July.

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics