Perch fishing has been horrible in Ashtabula for the last three seasons. I dont expect this year to be any different. Too many walleye.

There have been reports of walleye in the 40'-50' range. But there is a ton of debris in the lake so be careful if you head out.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I must agree with you, we almost give up perching, I have a friend who has a friend that does commercial perching thru there and was telling me he had a very good year last year, although he fishes from Cleveland to ???, I think that may contribute to the low numbers, I hope they do not become obsolete like the blue fin, I never even heard of the blue fin till I had moved near my 90 year old neighbor who told me all about it,  lets hope  the fish and wildlife  get more involved., and thanks for the heads up on the debris, 

if this is true, you would think the fish and game would know ,  and why has walleye fishing been so successful for the last 3-4 years,  I've been fishing Erie for 30 years and never seen it all one sided as it has become,  and as mentioned,  when a  commercial  fisherman is pulling out 5 tons of perch  that's  a lot of perch, that does not count whats going on in Canada waters either.

we went up to ashtabula this saturday, 5/23,2020,  fishing for walleye between 30-60 feet of water going toward north east,  not even a bite, very disappointing,  I've never seen the fog so thick on the lake,  I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it,  what was interesting all the lost birds that were finding rest on the boat!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics