2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:

Gobee Golight         

I have the above. I use it when travelling at night, it will light up a marker buoy from a considerable distance. I once came across a couple of teenagers making out in a paddle boat. They assumed no one would see them if they went out a couple of hundred feet in the river after midnight. Had I not had this light, I may have run them over. This light remotely scans up and down and can be turned to light up the boat's interior. 

• 2 weeks later...

My last time out was last Tuesday straight out to the line from SP. Caught 3 and lost a few.

The bite was pretty slow and the wind had just shifted to the east from a bigger west blow the 2 days prior. The guy at the launch told me the bite had been good the days before. 

I thought we would get into them good because of all the marks on the screen but they just were not active and feeding. I would say they are there for sure. Next west wind or maybe now after a few days of settling they will turn on again?

I may try again on Tuesday. Hoping for a south west / westerly wind.

Edited by Stillwater

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

My last time out was last Tuesday straight out to the line from SP.

The bite was pretty slow and the wind has just shifted to the east from a bigger west blow the 2 days prior. The guy at the launch told me the bite had been good the days before. 

I thought we would get into them good because of all the marks on the screen but they just were not active and feeding. I would say they are there for sure. Next west wind or maybe now after a few days of settling they will turn on again?

I may try again on Tuesday. Hoping for a south west / westerly wind.

Thanks Stillwater, I still haven't got out yet... This normal life is completely destroying my fishin career...lol I'll post as soon as I get out.. 

Fished this morning for 5 hours, launched off Hamburg beach and ran out to 58 - 62 foot of water where you can see the condos. Ended up boating 8 All between 18 - 24 inches, 2 can off riggers at 55/ 56 with purple/ silver and watermelon harnesses, the other 6 came off dipseys (out 130 - 135) and lead core (5color) on bombers in perch color and black/ orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Snapshot - Which setting were your dipseys at? 2? 3?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

All dipseys should be set at three to send them out farther from your boats track. That is where the fish flee when you pass over them with your boat. You can set them out a lot of deeper and farther on that setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

5 hours ago, jimski2 said:

All dipseys should be set at three to send them out farther from your boats track. That is where the fish flee when you pass over them with your boat. You can set them out a lot of deeper and farther on that setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I fish with four dipsy’s. The outsides I run on 3’s and insides on a 1 and catch just as many on the insides as I do the outsides. When they’re down 45’ and deeper I don’t think they scatter like they do when they’re up higher in the water column

Ditto Randy...in deep water (ie: NY summer time)...it doesn't spook them...i catch a shit ton of fish popping lures off my downriggers, which are straight down below the boat

I fish with four dipsy’s. The outsides I run on 3’s and insides on a 1 and catch just as many on the insides as I do the outsides. When they’re down 45’ and deeper I don’t think they scatter like they do when they’re up higher in the water column

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 years later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics