2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:

Appreciate your post Rvan heading out tomorrow and have to decide whether to drive to Dunkirk or buffalo.

Hey mike good catch! It was tough for most of us out there Monday! We’re you out of Buffalo or Sturgeon Pt.?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Appreciate your post Rvan heading out tomorrow and have to decide whether to drive to Dunkirk or buffalo.

Head to Dunkirk or Barcelona tough bite in buffalos fished 30-70 ft only two fish in boat. Couple lost Spoons sticks and harness all fish on harness on rigger 1.8-2.2. Marked quite a bit of bait out deep in 15-30 fow but no takers caught one out deep off bottom. HEAD WEST !!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We came out of SP on Sunday. Think it was about a 6.5 - 7 mile boat ride to get to border in 65 fow. Pretty rough all day, 3ft or more. We always troll with the waves never against them. If we have a productive stretch of water we yank rods and run back to the starting point. Always use trail feature on my Lowrance so we can see exactly where we've been. I find trails to be more useful then saving tons of waypoints.

• Like 1

Sorry you didn’t find them in Barcelona Fyshon.  I drove the 120 miles to Dunkirk today and managed to get there a little after 5:00. Fishing was slow but steady for me. Went 8/11 and kept my 6. All fish came west of Van Buren  point in 60’.  No pattern.  Half on harnesses and half on plugs.  Two on the rigger, two on the wire dipsey and the rest on the lead core set at 6 color.

• Like 2

Sorry you didn’t find them in Barcelona Fyshon.  I drove the 120 miles to Dunkirk today and managed to get there a little after 5:00. Fishing was slow but steady for me. Went 8/11 and kept my 6. All fish came west of Van Buren  point in 60’.  No pattern.  Half on harnesses and half on plugs.  Two on the rigger, two on the wire dipsey and the rest on the lead core set at 6 color.
Thank you for your report.. I only drove about 60 miles, so I'm really happy you got some fish !! That's a long ride for you.. congrats on the limit !!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks for report pequod1 next week will try Dunkirk is long ride out from Hemlock for me

Thank you for your report.. I only drove about 60 miles, so I'm really happy you got some fish !! That's a long ride for you.. congrats on the limit !!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks for report fyshon I got skunked 3 weeks ago out of sbh fished 9 hrs close to 35 miles on boat looking for fish better days ahead but still nice to be in water.but frustrating

We were out Mon and Wed evening for about 4 hours each night and only caught 4 & 3.  All came from worm harnesses on the bottom in 40-52 fow.  Suspended baits did not get a single bite.  What a difference a year makes.  Based on the screen I think there are plenty of fish, they just aren't biting.  May head west this weekend in search of better numbers.  

• Like 1

Water temperatures are now like August this year without ice. Start at 85 foot from the Catt to the PA line. Any where from 65 to deeper should. Find big walleye feeding on smelt schools, small perch and other good sized feeders. Going too deep you may run into 0 oxygen waters with
No
Fish at all.

• Like 1

Water temperatures are now like August this year without ice. Start at 85 foot from the Catt to the PA line. Any where from 65 to deeper should. Find big walleye feeding on smelt schools, small perch and other good sized feeders. Going too deep you may run into 0 oxygen waters with
No
Fish at all.

How deep do you think will be “too” deep?

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics