2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:

• 3 weeks later...

We got a 3 man limit in about 36-34 fow between hamburg town park and 2nd windmill to the right.  Five color with sticks. Small dipseys out 65-85 on a 3. Ended with 3 extras on breakdown that we threw back. Gonna be a great year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got out for a few hours this evening.  Started behind the windmills in 35-37 fow.  Tons of fish on the screen, but didn't catch anything.  Moved out to 45-47 fow and got 6 in about two hours.  Unfortunately the sheephead were out a little deeper too, but if that's the price to catch walleyes we'll live with that.  

Hi,

New to LEU and my first post. Fished out of Buffalo in the morning yesterday. Could only mge 2 walleye and some sheep heads. Best walleye came on 3 color core on side planner with #9 jointed rapala. Did catch a 13lb channel cat on a bottom bouncing worm harness that surprised the heck out of me. This is my first year fishing out on Erie. Usually fishing Ontario for salmon out of Rochester. I'll be watching these reports to try and learn how to consistently catch walleye.

One question I had- do you guys catch walleye all through the summer out of Buffalo or do you have to go south to find deeper water?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,
New to LEU and my first post. Fished out of Buffalo in the morning yesterday. Could only mge 2 walleye and some sheep heads. Best walleye came on 3 color core on side planner with #9 jointed rapala. Did catch a 13lb channel cat on a bottom bouncing worm harness that surprised the heck out of me. This is my first year fishing out on Erie. Usually fishing Ontario for salmon out of Rochester. I'll be watching these reports to try and learn how to consistently catch walleye.
One question I had- do you guys catch walleye all through the summer out of Buffalo or do you have to go south to find deeper water?
Thanks,
Bob

The fish are in an around buffalo up until late July when you have to move out to the line and troll towards sturgeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sunday 6/21 6:30-Noon. Started in 55-60ft hooked a spunky 7lb steelhead and then got (2) nice 4-5lb fish early then bites stopped.  Moved into 35-45ft at about 9:00am and got (2) 20" fish then it was dead from 10am till noon. Never saw many fish on the screen other than lots of huge schools of Perch in the 60ft water.  All fish were on 3-5 leadcore. Nothing on downriggers or deeper than 5 colors. All fish on worm harnesses, nothing on stickbaits.

• Thanks 1

We did a slow pick for 11 eyes near border in 55-65 fow. All sticks, 5 and 7 color ieadcore off inlines. Big dipseys on #2 out 80 to 90. Last week we had a ton of bait out there but caught fewer eyes . This week almost no bait but we caught more eyes.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics