Sturgeon Point 2020

Fished out of Sturgeon yesterday and got 7 walleye and 1 perch and a huge catfish that had to go 20lbs. We were bottom bouncing in 50 to 55 fow in front of Evans bar. We used worm harness and orange was The hot color. The sandbar at the harbor is very bad, it will close down the harbor early this year and we'll be forced to go to the cat.

Sent from my LML413DL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Great job Whitecap1, good to see you found some and not to deep either. How deep was the water by the marina opening? Did you get a reading? Thanks. Gonna go out Tuesday or Wednesday.

I stopped by SP today and grabbed my boat for the tournament out of Dunkirk this weekend. Took a peak at the harbor exit and sand has visibly built up more that last week. I would have to turn right and then go straight prior to heading out into the lake. Go slow, trim up and hopefully you’ll have enough visibility to find safe passage.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 2

Just returned home from SP. Fished 2 pm until dusk.

2 Walleye and 2 perch and a few sheeps. Started out motoring west to around 70 fow based on most of the latest reports about fish being taken deeper out in front of the Catt. Got the 2 on harnesses drifting.

Hats off to you whitecap1. Congrats on a great day and for finding them in shallower water.

Just before dark on the way in we stopped to check the screen around 50 fow. Had more marks than we saw all day out in 65 to 72 fow but they did not want to bite except for a few sheephead. What time did you catch your fish Whitecap1? A reports out of the Catt said the bite slowed around noon.

• Like 2

2 Walleye and 2 perch and a few sheeps. Started out motoring west to around 70 fow based on most of the latest reports about fish being taken deeper out in front of the Catt. Got the 2 on harnesses drifting.
Hats off to you whitecap1. Congrats on a great day and for finding them in shallower water.
Just before dark on the way in we stopped to check the screen around 50 fow. Had more marks than we saw all day out in 65 to 72 fow but they did not want to bite except for a few sheephead. What time did you catch your fish Whitecap1? A reports out of the Catt said the bite slowed around noon.
We fished 9am till 3:30. The bite was definitely better before noon but we caught fish after noon as well. We fish drop offs and found one that dropped from 45 fow to 55 fow and the fish were stacked on the top. It was the best day we've had all year.

• Like 1

We fished 9am till 3:30. The bite was definitely better before noon but we caught fish after noon as well. We fish drop offs and found one that dropped from 45 fow to 55 fow and the fish were stacked on the top. It was the best day we've had all year.

Sorry hit the send button to many times

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics