Sturgeon Point 2020

Launched out of SP mid day yesterday. Headed toward Catt Creek and trolled back. Ran 5 colors, 3 colors, long lines, downriggers and tried a dipsey for a short while. Marks were everywhere from 55-60fow, lots of perch schooled on the bottom in 55. Only boated 1 walleye and 2 sheep’s before we came in around 6p. We had planned to head back out after picking up another friend but the shift linkage broke on approach to the dock with the boat stuck in forward. Thankfully we were able to stop it with out assistance from the ground, I didn’t recognize it was stuck in gear until after we had it stopped. Interesting moment to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 2 weeks later...

Left the SP launch at 2:30 and headed west to start out in 64 fow out from Evans Bar. Decent drift conditions for harnesses. Not enough marks and no bites so headed farther west to 60 fow off the Catt. Landed a small perch and sheephead. Sporadic marks at best and no eye biters. Made several more drifts then headed back to finish off of Sturgeon Point. Made a few drifts from 55 to 40 fow. One big sheep head. Headed back to launch at 8:40.

Fished hard and nothing to clean tonight. Pulled in at home at 11 pm. Everyone I spoke to at the launch did poorly today. A few people said they got 1 walleye. Better luck next time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Went out today Thursday from 6am till noon only managed 2 in 67'. Marking fish they have to bite soon. Another boat had 5 and another had 3. I seem to always get 2. I was bottom bouncing.

Sent from my LML413DL using Lake Erie United mobile app

Thanks for the report whitecap1, hopefully things will start picking up soon...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Went out Thursday in AM. Fished north of SP. Saw a lot of small marks and a few decent ones. Trolled north with everything I had- dipsey rod, down rigger, planer boards, bottom bouncers with worm harnesses and sticks- ended up getting one short walleye. This is my first year fishing for walleye and yesterday was humbling. Makes me all the more determined to try again. Sounds like it's not just me but others have struggled too.

Went out Thursday in AM. Fished north of SP. Saw a lot of small marks and a few decent ones. Trolled north with everything I had- dipsey rod, down rigger, planer boards, bottom bouncers with worm harnesses and sticks- ended up getting one short walleye. This is my first year fishing for walleye and yesterday was humbling. Makes me all the more determined to try again. Sounds like it's not just me but others have struggled too.
It's definitely not just you... The big migration hasn't gotten here yet. Keep trying

Headed out of SP this morning. Not many of us out there, made one pass in about 60fow. Headed back to find another line to troll down and decided to call it. Took almost about 45mins to get from the line back to marina. 1 fish. Had a better screen further east, 2-4fters out of the west. Marked alot of fish top 30ft. however the one that ate was about 45' down on a dipsy. 71deg on top, 68deg 30' down before batteries died to fish hawk.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

38 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Headed out of SP this morning. Not many of us out there, made one pass in about 60fow. Headed back to find another line to troll down and decided to call it. Took almost about 45mins to get from the line back to marina. 1 fish. Had a better screen further east, 2-4fters out of the west. Marked alot of fish top 30ft. however the one that ate was about 45' down on a dipsy. 71deg on top, 68deg 30' down before batteries died to fish hawk.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks for the report, it was definitely rough out there today.!!

My vessel is down for repairs so I haven’t been out in a while. Years past early July and warm temps I have done well around late evening leading up to sunset in 65FOW west of SP. run 5,6,7 colors and target the thermocline if it has setup. Tight lines, hope to be back out there soon!

• Like 1

My vessel is down for repairs so I haven’t been out in a while. Years past early July and warm temps I have done well around late evening leading up to sunset in 65FOW west of SP. run 5,6,7 colors and target the thermocline if it has setup. Tight lines, hope to be back out there soon!

Thanks for the tip JustFishin !! Hope you get up and running soon.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics