The perch are biting

Well if we can not launch anywhere, we can eat lobster. With all the restaurant closures the price of lobster has fallen from $8/$10 a pound to two dollars a pound. Scallops are busting at the seams of cold storage facilities. Thank Albany we were let to get some perch for a while that we clean and eat at home. But Albany screwed us out of them now.

The state launches are open. Their just now advertising it. Bill Hilts mentioned it on face book. The Ramps will be free. All marinas will be closed.
On the town Ramps, it’s up to the towns whether to open or not. You will need to talk to the town to see if they will open it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
With ice the perch can be cleaned safely the next day. Live wells especially during the warm water periods are like cooking your fish in soup.  

I’ve been fishing for over 70 yr, I know how to handle fish. The fish were taken out of live well and placed in two coolers with ice. The majority of those perch were still alive. I bleed my walleye using my live well until their bled out and placed on ice. Have a great day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics