Wind Speed

What do you suggest for a 19 foot boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
5-15 knots if the wind is out of the south or west (or any combination) if it's out of the North (east or west), nothing more than 10 knots. At least until you learn the lake.

If you look at it that way, when you get caught in some weather, and eventually you will, it wont be too bad.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

The deep water off shore from Dunkirk during late summer months and the high surface water temperature will generate its own storm water conditions. Water spouts appear and wave heights are double near shore levels. Be careful out there. The old commercial fishermen explained how this is years ago and I saw what they talked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I like when the waves are breaking over the Long Wall in November and the Lake water is stained brown but behind the wall is green tint water.The bait fish will move to the cleaner water and so will the predator fish,walleye & muskies.SW winds over 35 mph are fishable in the South Gap your in a corner protected from the wind.West wind your rolling in 2 to 3 ft waves behind the walls on South end but less roll on the North end because wind is coming off Canadian shore.NW wind is directly down the Harbor behind the walls causing 3ft white caps in short duration, stay home then.But some the biggest muskies my clients have caught were under high wind conditions.

When the waves are  breaking over the breakwater in Buffalo, go home and cut your grass.  It does not matter what size boat you have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics