Bethlehem Steel Site Project Update

Well turns out meeting was about just the area infront by NY Route 5 for Industrial Development ,none of the areas in back at waterfront. Jimski2 was able to make his point about water access.I reminded them about the Smokes Creek eco system and the important walleye ,bass & steelhead spawning habitat that needs to be protected above all in any rezoning & land development. Also asked for green space access along Smokes Creek for Fishing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 8 months later...
Well turns out meeting was about just the area infront by NY Route 5 for Industrial Development ,none of the areas in back at waterfront. Jimski2 was able to make his point about water access.I reminded them about the Smokes Creek eco system and the important walleye ,bass & steelhead spawning habitat that needs to be protected above all in any rezoning & land development. Also asked for green space access along Smokes Creek for Fishing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Things are still not changing. Ten months of open lake this year and Sturgeon Point finally opened after walleye season opened. Then it was blocked by a sand bar again. A sixty mile round trip to the Cattaraugus Creek was the nearest lake access from the Southtown areas. But the registration moneys, sales taxes and fuel taxes disappear in the “Black Holes” called Albany, “County Hall” and the entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

Things are still not changing. Ten months of open lake this year and Sturgeon Point finally opened after walleye season opened. Then it was blocked by a sand bar again. A sixty mile round trip to the Cattaraugus Creek was the nearest lake access from the Southtown areas. But the registration moneys, sales taxes and fuel taxes disappear in the “Black Holes” called Albany, “County Hall” and the entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
Your absolutely right... Plus the 15.00 launch fee. You'd think they would at least pay someone to keep it open until at least Sept 30th. I have said it for years, if you want to build a bar or open another jet ski launch then you've got everyone's blessings. But access for sport fishing is a joke. And on a normal summer half the weekends are taken up with runs and bike a thons and access to the water is a real pain... it's a shame, but not surprising for NY...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics