Dipsey Divers results

jimski2

Yesterday’s trip out from 65 to 80 foot of water using 4 lines with Dipseys resulted in only three nice walleyes. A bluebird sky and east wind made comfortable fishing but not productive results. No

Matter that the bottom was marked by plenty of walleye looking hooks on the screen. Our companion boat boxed out with six walleye and a rainbow trout. The use of downrigger lines was productive in pulling the walleyes up off the bottom. Worm harnesses produced all the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• were you fishing your divers deep enough? the deepest i have fished was 65' deep in 75' of water. i know my lite bite slide divers set on 4.5 with 65# power pro at 1.8 to 2.0 gets me down 2.7' for every 10' of line out. to double check this i went to 65' and let out 240' of line and bumped bottom. i got the 2.7 by going to 50' of water and let out line until i bumped bottom. it took 185' to hit bottom. then i devided 185' by 10' which gave me 18.5 times 10'. then i devided 50 by 18.5 which is how many times 10' it took to hit bottom. that gave me a dive curve of 2.7. now its just for reference when running spoons at 2.8 to 3.0. because they dont dive as deep at faster speeds. and you wont get the same dive curve with other divers or lighter line. if the marks was at 75' in 80' of water your leads should have been over 200' out.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics