Opening day Buffalo/Hamburg

ill be sat morning fishing the Transition areas I fish every year not far from the nighttime spots just a little deeper there are few areas within a few hundred yard away good luck out there guys should be a good opener  I hope    YELLOWPIKE     ps last years opening day we box out by 11:00

11025630_10205883244832801_4219172891011457926_n.jpg

Edited by yellowpike

Sunday Morning can be a very dangerous day to fish..... Hazardous to your health...... Devastating to all future outings.......

It's Mother's Day! You better not be fishing or turkey hunting...... 

Follow the step by step..... nowhere do you see fishing (walleye / perch / any other species) or turkey hunting in the list of what to do things.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/mothers-day 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J. Sparrow said:

Sunday Morning can be a very dangerous day to fish..... Hazardous to your health...... Devastating to all future outings.......

It's Mother's Day! You better not be fishing or turkey hunting...... 

Follow the step by step..... nowhere do you see fishing (walleye / perch / any other species) or turkey hunting in the list of what to do things.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/mothers-day 

My wife insists on me turkey hunting on Mothers day. I  just say "yes dear" and go. Mother lives in S.C. Call her after hunting. BTW  killed three of my biggest gobblers on mothers day. Good luck to all that go out .

Sorry to hear about your mom BOE. On Sunday, Think some kind thoughts of her, and remember some good times, and I hope your launch concerns are unfounded. 

I shot a 2 YO bird this morning....... but love "guiding" for my kids. 

Sunday, I got the OK to fish from my wife...... at least in the morning.... Saturday, I'm hoping my youngest daughter is looking down the rib at the bird I was really chasing this morning. 

• Like 1

I may try to get out but have stuff going on midday on Saturday and the weather is not looking real great right now, but who knows what it will actually be like.

Yellowpike what speed are you trolling/drifting?

I'm gonna be heading out to try my luck as well from small boat harbor. My dad has been bugging me for a long time to go so I said what the heck. We're gonna drift worm harnesses and try jigs. Probably launch around 5 am too. I have a silver ford with a blue 19 ft Lund pro V. If you see me say hi. We're gonna be very green with walleye so we appreciate any tips or starting points. 

Tough bite last night. Trolling only produced one fish. Casting to fish once we located some and a steady retrieve produced another. But sight fishing and slowly twitching a sinking stickbait triggered the most strikes. It's still a bit early for that crazy night time bite but I'm happy with my night. Had my father in law and sister in law aboard and they wanted to leave around 3572de41fb8dfc_ImageUploadedByLakeErieUni

572de4359091e_ImageUploadedByLakeErieUni

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I went out this morning and got stuck behind a ton of guys launching for the tournament. Got out later that I wanted. Didn't get nothing. Only marked 3 or 4 fish. We were out alittle deep than I wanted to but the others wanted to go deeper so we fished 20-30 ft in the pack of boats. Maybe next week....

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics