Hey guys, I'm not new to fishing but will be to lake Erie.  Only been out a few times.  My gramps' is almost 85, battling some health problems, but loves fishing.  I'll be taking him out, along with my 9 year old son who has never been on the lake, on his boat while learning boating so please forgive me of we cross paths.    I've taken the boater safety course but expect to learn more while getting him to the fish.   Any advice or spot to go would be great.  Closest launch to us is the small boat harbor.   Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If the winds are high, stay in the harbor. Minnows work well with perch on the bottom and anchored up. Worms catch sheep head. Bass are good with minnows and crabs drifting. Life jackets are good for kids and greenhorns. Check charts for humps and holes for fishing. Watch for boats catching fish, not just packs of boats doing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

If the winds are high, stay in the harbor. Minnows work well with perch on the bottom and anchored up. Worms catch sheep head. Bass are good with minnows and crabs drifting. Life jackets are good for kids and greenhorns. Check charts for humps and holes for fishing. Watch for boats catching fish, not just packs of boats doing nothing.

Also check out the WNY WALLEYE FISHING Facebook page

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics