What are jet divers

We run true trip which are similar to a jet diver, just a little better dive curve.

We typically run the true trips off of planer boards and dipsy's off the corners of the boat.

True Trips dive straight down as opposed to dipsy's which are directional.

Likewise, dipsy's have a hunk of lead in them and will sink at rest as opposed to a true trip which will float and dive when forward motion is applied. So you get a different presentation. On a turn, an inside dipsy will sink and a true trip will rise.

They are very effective at catching fish. You can troll shallow diving cranks, spoons, or worm harnesses behind them just like you would a dipsy.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Misdirection said:

We run true trip which are similar to a jet diver, just a little better dive curve

What is the deepest you can get a tru-trip to dive and do you feel they dive to the advertised depth? And have you ever added inline weights ahead of the TT to try to reach deeper than the advertised depth?

What is the deepest you can get a tru-trip to dive and do you feel they dive to the advertised depth? And have you ever added inline weights ahead of the TT to try to reach deeper than the advertised depth?
True trip 50's already have a weight on the front side of them and will dive to 50' (we tested in 50' of water and ticked bottom). But I'm not sure how much deeper they will dive that that.

We run true trip 40's early and 50's when the fish go deeper.

One advantage of a true trip over a jet diver is the true trip has a release like a dipsy. So once a fish trips it, it's easier to tell you have a fish on.

• Like 1

The true trips and jet divers come in different sizes.The bigger they are the deeper they dive

True trip 50's already have a weight on the front side of them and will dive to 50' (we tested in 50' of water and ticked bottom). But I'm not sure how much deeper they will dive that that.

We run true trip 40's early and 50's when the fish go deeper.

One advantage of a true trip over a jet diver is the true trip has a release like a dipsy. So once a fish trips it, it's easier to tell you have a fish on.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The original jet divers are made by Luhr Jensen.

I use 20 footers and 30 footers all the time on big boards. 

Don't mix them with lead core on the same side of the boat or you will get lots of tangles as they turn at different rates when you do curving turns. They are nice because they float when you let them out straight back behind the boat. That way you can float them over inside lines which are deeper by turning the boat after letting them out and not closing the bail. If you use 20's and 30's on the same side of the boat, put the 20's on the outside. If you use 2 of the same size, on the same side of the boat, let at least 25 more feet of line out on the outer one so they don't tangle if the outer one gets a fish before the inner one. The outer jet usually gets hit first because it's further away from the boat. I have run as many as 3 per side if you have enough crew on board.

I have 40's and 50's but don't use them much, because they pull too hard and make your big board tow line drag in the water.

I have the tripsy versions also, but haven't had much luck adjusting the trip screw accurately. 

Also don't tow deep diver stick baits with jets, it flips the jets over and they float to the surface.

I have 10 footers also, for spring fishing, but haven't caught much on them.

Edited by Puking Dog
clarification

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics