Multiple Charters having the same name need help

I am wondering how it works when multiple charters have the same name lake erie, then lake O, then south Carolina, Fla ,California ect...

all have the same name is that copyright or just misfortune or a catchy charter name and also they have t-shirts hats Facebook page web sites ect...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

It's a good question Burnin Daylight - I would have to image that a captain who has registered their business either as a DBA or LLC would have rights to that name within that state.  Of course I am no expert in this field but my recommendation would be to register the business name or at least check to make sure no one else in your state has already taken it.  Registering the name might still not stop others from trying to use the same thing but at least you will have the legal rights to fight it if you choose.

Very nice Thank you .

My Name is not common but it is Being used by a capt. in California and I have been weighing my options to make the jump or not that is my retirement plan anyway I have a couple years till retirement something to think about starting to look into .

Thanks again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics