Small Boat Harbor Fishing Reports 2019

Fished last night from 5:30 to 8:15.  45 to 50 feet of water.  marked a lot of fish.  Ended up with 6 fish 17 to 19 inches.

Started out with one purple harness and one watermelon harness on 1.5 oz bottom bouncer.  Had dipsey out with a purple spoon.  Fish an hour with no hits.  Added weight to my wife's rig and she hit a fish quick.  I added weight and started catching fish.

Watermelon seemed to be the ticket.  I switched the dipsey out to a firetiger jointed Rapela and caught 2 on that.

One was only 20 feet down in 48 feet of water.  Stopped putting out line when my wife was reeling one in.  Fish hit the dipsey before I had her fish in the livewell.

Pretty good night for us.

• Like 2

Went out today from 930AM to 1230, was in 45 ft of water from in front of the windmills to past Seneca shoal, marked a lot of fish mid way in the column but got nothing. I did catch a net though, has to circle twice to keep from breaking my line. Saw a lot of boat further out by International line. I should have went further. Got rough on the way in, actually white caps.

Sorry you didn’t get out further.  I drove around searching for a half hour without seeing anything until I reached the line. Fish were from 40-55 down over 58.  We limited out there and were back at the cleaning station before 11:00.

Edited by Pequod1
  • Like 1

Yes I agree the fish are not where they were last week or two weeks ago for sure they are definitely moving closer to the Canadian line and down towards sturgeon point a little bit more it's a little bit more of a ride it's worth it if you can make it. I'm working on putting Mondays trip video together I'm hoping to have it on here in a couple days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks, honestly Im learning, I have all the equipment, but need to pay my dues and learn just like everyone else. Ive only been doing this this year, Im normally a ICE/stream/Canoe guy, so I know Im not going to be good overnight. Eventually Ill get it. I really appreciate all the posts because I learn a lot. Maybe next week!

4 minutes ago, mysliwiec440 said:

Thanks, honestly Im learning, I have all the equipment, but need to pay my dues and learn just like everyone else. Ive only been doing this this year, Im normally a ICE/stream/Canoe guy, so I know Im not going to be good overnight. Eventually Ill get it. I really appreciate all the posts because I learn a lot. Maybe next week!

I like fishing, its the catching thing that Im working on!

fished the line today 60 to 63ft and worked hard for three hours to catch five fish, nothing big,  Came into 50ft and pounded em, schoolies again but much better screen,  9 fish in an hour w a couple of legal throwbacks, all on harnesses .

First trip to Erie and it was a good one. Fished the 26th and 27th. Friday caught between 35 and 40 in only 4 hours lost track. Couldn’t keep rods in water. Biggest was 8.5 lbs and smallest was 17 1/2 inches. Worm harnesses were hot but did get a few on a bomber long A. 53’ of water was best for us. Saturday they seemed to have spread out but did get another 40 through the day. Caught them on riggers lead-core and bottom bouncers. Wanted to try some different ways and they all worked.  My daughter and I want to thank everyone who posts on here. It helped us out a lot! Buffalo launch was great along with the fish cleaning station.  What rigger releases does everyone use?  My off shore releases didn’t pop all the time. I have the medium tension. Think I should order some of the light off shore white ones. 

• Like 1

First trip to Erie and it was a good one. Fished the 26th and 27th. Friday caught between 35 and 40 in only 4 hours lost track. Couldn’t keep rods in water. Biggest was 8.5 lbs and smallest was 17 1/2 inches. Worm harnesses were hot but did get a few on a bomber long A. 53’ of water was best for us. Saturday they seemed to have spread out but did get another 40 through the day. Caught them on riggers lead-core and bottom bouncers. Wanted to try some different ways and they all worked.  My daughter and I want to thank everyone who posts on here. It helped us out a lot! Buffalo launch was great along with the fish cleaning station.  What rigger releases does everyone use?  My off shore releases didn’t pop all the time. I have the medium tension. Think I should order some of the light off shore white ones. 

Went to chamberlains I have been very pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

My 4 year old son is amped to get out on the lake and fish.  I want to make sure he really enjoys it because I'd like it to be our thing.  I am a complete novice fishing lake Erie.  any suggestions for someone with limited gear and know how?

Keep it simple. Hook, line, and sinker with a piece of worm. Fish the edges of weed beds inside the harbor. Middle gap, south gap near lighthouse, or near the old South End Marina should get you some action. Plenty of panfish in those areas. Good luck!

My 4 year old son is amped to get out on the lake and fish.  I want to make sure he really enjoys it because I'd like it to be our thing.  I am a complete novice fishing lake Erie.  any suggestions for someone with limited gear and know how?
Find a farm pond loaded with bluegills. Bobber, and worms. Best way to get hooked. The kids, hooked, not just the fish. Maybe that Tift preserve ponds right near the entrance to the SBH? never fished there but I here it has panfish.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics