Small Boat Harbor Fishing Reports 2019

Fished yesterday ended day with 6 in box lost 2 at boat and 1 sheaphead fished 52-58 fow water at end of day trolled into 60 fow and marked more bait. Bite not fire but nice day on water IMG_1350.thumb.JPG.d74b290e04e9e2851a9c499a7d87d5de.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
Thanks for making a report. It is very helpful.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

We went out on Fathers Day and caught 3 in the rain.

Fish we kept were 19 to 20 inches

All caught on worm harness in various colors with bottom bouncers in 25 to 30 feet of water drifting.

We had a few others up to the boat but they got off.  Had one of the hooks get cut off when the fish was almost in the net.

Brandon Fathers day walleye.jpg

• Like 1

Bottom bounced windmills @ 6am for about 1 1/2 hours. Lots of fish on the bottom in 40--45ft. Landed 2, 1 sheepshead & 1 white bass.  We then went and fished inside breakwall because it was too rough to be enjoyable & saw alot on the fishfinder but no takers

You can tell walleyes from sheepshead and bass by the return on your screen. Long squiggly lines are walleyes. Hooks are SH SMB, etc. This is according to a Walleye charter Captain, and I have found he appears to be correct. Has to do with the air bladders in the fish.

Bottom bounced windmills @ 6am for about 1 1/2 hours. Lots of fish on the bottom in 40--45ft. Landed 2, 1 sheepshead & 1 white bass.  We then went and fished inside breakwall because it was too rough to be enjoyable & saw alot on the fishfinder but no takers

Garrymny- your exactly right on how to tell a walleye on your sonar. to Captain Joe Fonzie discribed that to us at a LOTSA club meeing a few years ago. Squiggly lines are walleye!! Real easy to see on my Lowrance HDS unit.

• Like 1

Another nice day out of Buffalo. We started in 50 fow this morning around 7:00 and caught 13 by around 10:00. If we would have got the fish we lost we would have been done before 9:30. Lost about five fish this morning early, not sure why. I All sticks, Bay Ray and Renowski. Purple and fire tiger were the best. Picked up three off the rigger and leadcore did the rest.

Decent eater sized fish - not too big, not too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Another nice day out of Buffalo. We started in 50 fow this morning around 7:00 and caught 13 by around 10:00. If we would have got the fish we lost we would have been done before 9:30. Lost about five fish this morning early, not sure why. I All sticks, Bay Ray and Renowski. Purple and fire tiger were the best. Picked up three off the rigger and leadcore did the rest.

Decent eater sized fish - not too big, not too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
Great report Thanks! I use jointed rapala alit. I will have to try the bay rats and renoskus

Took the wife out of buffalo today,went right out south gap fished 42 to 46fow, marked fish the whole time,only caught fish in 43 and 44fow...2 color and 5 color on board with storm tequila glow sticks,2-12 ounce bouncers with worm harness, dipsey set 1.5 40 back with harness and dipsey set 3 55 back with black and silver rapala...all caught fish, ended up with 12 eyes and a bonus steely on 2 color in hour and 40 mins....hope this helps someone 

Took the wife out of buffalo today,went right out south gap fished 42 to 46fow, marked fish the whole time,only caught fish in 43 and 44fow...2 color and 5 color on board with storm tequila glow sticks,2-12 ounce bouncers with worm harness, dipsey set 1.5 40 back with harness and dipsey set 3 55 back with black and silver rapala...all caught fish, ended up with 12 eyes and a bonus steely on 2 color in hour and 40 mins....hope this helps someone 

Thanks for report I’m going to try to get early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Saturday evening 5-9pm. 45-55ft. Walleye were all in 10-30ft. Screen was always loaded with fish. Worm harness bite, any color. Downriggers and 3-7 cores. 3 man limit when we quit. It was a frenzy 8-9pm. Constant triples and doubles

Edited by ws6rufus
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics