Walleye Dunkirk 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Launched on Sunday for the year. Was greeted by a underwater city launch. We went out for perch for a short bit outside of Dunkirk and failed to find them. There are some walleyes around, but the fog was terrible on Sunday. Wanted to just get the boat out and in order for the year. If you plan to launch at Dunkirk and there is a west wind see the photo below. Bring waders or wear sandles. Water is in the mid 50's.

IMG_0335.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday was awful, we struggled off of Dunkirk to put any in the box while we heard reports of others boxing out easily, even though we had identical setups and speed. I am not sure if thefish were in tight pods or not but it seemed we were not able to connect like others did trolling in the same water, frustrating for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

Sunday was awful, we struggled off of Dunkirk to put any in the box while we heard reports of others boxing out easily, even though we had identical setups and speed. I am not sure if thefish were in tight pods or not but it seemed we were not able to connect like others did trolling in the same water, frustrating for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
I Know the feeling. That's why I started waiting for late July to shift to Erie walleyes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished just west of Catt. Managed 3 fish as soon as I got out there in 55 ft about 730. Fishes til 1030 and marked a ton but only one other bite that didn’t hang on. 2 on sticks one on harness. Talked to the guy at the ramp he said not a lot of big catches the last few days. Hopefully after this coming weeks warm up it’ll be on!

Out today also, took three lost one at boat. Largest was 7lbs, wife got him. Also a couple nice perch and a bunch of sheephead. Out of the Catt, trolled west towards Dunkirk pulling 3 and 4 color in 50-55, worm harnesses.

Lots of debris out there today, nice day though. Hopefully this warmer weather sticks and we get into the good July bite.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics