Dipsey Rods

I like to run double divers per side so I run a 10’ and 8’ on each side.  Having 2’ shorter rod on inside seems to work well.  For brand lots of choices- Okuma, Shinano, Eagle Claw, Daiwa.  Just get a dipsey specific model. Rod brand seems to be a personal preference for most guys.

48 minutes ago, mr 580 said:

I like to run double divers per side so I run a 10’ and 8’ on each side.  Having 2’ shorter rod on inside seems to work well.  For brand lots of choices- Okuma, Shinano, Eagle Claw, Daiwa.  Just get a dipsey specific model. Rod brand seems to be a personal preference for most guys.

What settings do you use on the diver when running 2 per side?

Edited by J. Sparrow

Slapshot, if you run wire you need twili tip or roller tip.

J. Sparrow, I keep at least 2 numbers different when running double divers.  I use Slide Divers and set them together.  Once you get used to doing it then it is trouble free.  I run that way once lake sets up and fish are deeper.  I run single diver early when fish are high.  For Lake Erie I pretty much stick to braid divers rather than wire.

• Like 1

I use twilly tips on both my wire rods. Paid to have first one installed and watched. Did next one myself at home. No big deal.

Never had a seven strand wire break yet.  Haven't tried to new higher stand count wire yet, but I think it's pretty pricey.

I have 1 Okuma classic pro 10 footer and 1  classic pro 9 footer. I like them both and don't really notice any difference.

Use both on Erie and Ontario

• 8 months later...

I just use my wire line setups I use Salmon on Ontario. I can't afford to have set up ups dedicated to both species. Seems to work ok, but I'm no expert.

Slapshot, if you run wire you need twili tip or roller tip.
J. Sparrow, I keep at least 2 numbers different when running double divers.  I use Slide Divers and set them together.  Once you get used to doing it then it is trouble free.  I run that way once lake sets up and fish are deeper.  I run single diver early when fish are high.  For Lake Erie I pretty much stick to braid divers rather than wire.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics