Perch Sturgeon Point perch

We kept 42 jumbos 12-14" in 56 fow off to the west of SP.  I couldn't believe the # of cars/boats out today.  Did anyone see the boat, trailer, & truck in the water at the launch?  Some one had a bad day of fishing!  Sure was a beautiful day!

Was out yesterday also, got nine. I loaned a guy my two strap to pull the truck out. That's when a bad day of fishing doesn't beat a good day off work.

Lineman were you using jigs or what. Saw a few guys doing good but couldn't tell if they were just in the spot or using something different

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

It was a nice day on the water. We took a 2 man limit 10-14". Bait shop was pretty skimpy on the minnows. I used Large  jigging raps with Perch eyes most of the day. Seemed to work almost as well as the minnows and seemed to weed out some of the smaller fish.

All on minnows,   I used a perch rig (3 hooks)  & my buddy used a small perch colored jigging spoon with a minnow. We didn't catch our 1st fish until 12:30 off evengola wall after we sat in the 2 groups & watched others get them. With all those boats I now remember why retired people fish during the week! lol

Edited by lineman49

Went out today, kept 24 caught many more that we threw back. 60 ft, lots of females throwing eggs and males spewing. Last move we had we ended up on the school and as soon as it hit the bottom we were hooked up then ran out of minnows. Which was fine with us as we had a good day and my friend doesn't eat fish. I'm getting a good supply in the freezer already and walleyes are just around the corner.

We fished Sunday out of Sturgeon Point and once again struggled..... I think we wound up with a few more than 20. What we did observe were boats hopping around the pack to stay on the school of fish. I'm learning a little more about what to look for on my electronics and also hunt them down before fishing for them....

We also got to witness some good entertainment when somebody in an "anchored" boat set up very close to two "I-pilot" boats. The discussion that followed mentioned peoples mothers, body parts, recommendations for lunch, and the quality/condition of one of the participants fishing gear....... no shots fired. 

• Like 1

Where I was Sunday also there was a guy who got pretty close to people. He got close to us and the only thing that bugged me was he kept his engine running for a while. He got close to an old guy that was anchored, caught the guys anchor line and almost hit his boat when they moved. It was entertaining, the old guy was like whatever just don't hit my boat. After we moved and landed on the fish they moved closer again, then he went to hook a fish and his line broke, then he pulled on it and it broke again (crappy/old line). Like I said it was entertaining, you have to have a thick skin to fish in the groups and know if they see you catching fish you will get company.

4 hours ago, weave said:

I was very surprised at how well everyone co-existed in those small, tight groups of boats.  Well...... most everyone.

I think most times everyone in the tight groups tend to know each other. It's when the stranger tries to sneak in when people get upset.  But it is fun to watch & hear at times. lol

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics