Wind Turbines

Fishermen

Our fishing ground are in jeopardy . They are planning to construct 50 turbines 5 miles out from Sturgeon Point. A meeting ion This Thursday. @ 1030 am if anyone can make it please attend (Town of Evans). Governor Coumo was suppose to be there. , but canceled out. He will have his poop boys there

Exactly, there is absolutely no need for these to be in the lake, this is not the ocean. If NYS wants to supplement its energy consumption from wind power on the water, they should place them offshore in the ocean off of long island and let the folks in the Hamptons stare at them! Good place for them, the scandinavian countries have had ocean placed windmills for years, let that be an example and place them off of the East Coast, not in our fishery or our drinking water. Just like the powerplant on the river, we do not see any benefit to that nonsense and this is the same resource grab, but they (albany and dwnstate) don’t have to deal with looking at it, or its impact on our community, in the case of the dam we have the ice boom that impacts us every year so the water intakes are clear of ice, all in the name of energy production for downstate. This will turn into the same nightmares, we will bare all of the cosequence while Albany and downstate benefit politically and fiscally. It is unaccepatable and every single boater, beach goer, fisherman and resident that enjoys looking at our lake and enjoying everything it offers in WNY needs to write their politicians or call them and say enough is enough and NO we do not want these in our water, period!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Headshaker said:

Exactly, there is absolutely no need for these to be in the lake, this is not the ocean. If NYS wants to supplement its energy consumption from wind power on the water, they should place them offshore in the ocean off of long island and let the folks in the Hamptons stare at them! Good place for them, the scandinavian countries have had ocean placed windmills for years, let that be an example and place them off of the East Coast, not in our fishery or our drinking water. Just like the powerplant on the river, we do not see any benefit to that nonsense and this is the same resource grab, but they (albany and dwnstate) don’t have to deal with looking at it, or its impact on our community, in the case of the dam we have the ice boom that impacts us every year so the water intakes are clear of ice, all in the name of energy production for downstate. This will turn into the same nightmares, we will bare all of the cosequence while Albany and downstate benefit politically and fiscally. It is unaccepatable and every single boater, beach goer, fisherman and resident that enjoys looking at our lake and enjoying everything it offers in WNY needs to write their politicians or call them and say enough is enough and NO we do not want these in our water, period!!

Well said. I totally agree.

• Like 1

Knowing this governor and this legislature I am afraid it will happen eventually. They want them and there is nothing the minority in both houses can do.  What I fear the most is if they do go in will there be an exclusion zone around them. Could you imagine entire areas of the lake where you can't troll for Walleye’s. What kind of legacy is that to leave behind for our children and grandchildren.

• Like 1

Ask the Thruway Authority as they sue maker of wind turbines that don't work. Four years after spending $5 million to install wind turbines at four highway exits, the New York State Thruway Authority is now suing the company, contractor and consultants who installed them because the machines haven't worked since last year. As for reducing taxes it is not true. The state gives large installment subsidizes for all these projects with our tax money.  Let's take a look at Lackawanna. How many of those wind mills are working and the ones that are working, for how long? They create a large wing thump and they kill 140,000 to 328,000 birds a year. The electricity they produce doesn't pay for themselves.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Keep this petition going. "WE PAY" for these windmills. If this gets passd. How much will these windmills cost, how much will they pay back, how much power will they draw from the grid,  there are many questions that will never get answered. We do not need this. The windmill manufactures are coming up with this plan to add to their bottom line.

Keep this petition going. "WE PAY" for these windmills. If this gets passd. How much will these windmills cost, how much will they pay back, how much power will they draw from the grid,  there are many questions that will never get answered. We do not need this. The windmill manufactures are coming up with this plan to add to their bottom line.

Any other organizations in WNY that we can get involved with this fight please pass along the information and this link to them as well such as boating associations, outdoor clubs, travel and tourism people and community associations. Make sure that each village and town stands up for our lake rights and opposes this incursion on our waters!

• 2 weeks later...

Wind mills on the lake bottoms are very expensive to install and maintain. There are lots of landowners willing to install windmills that help pay the taxes they and their neighbors are assessed with. Installing them in our waters will provide nothing for our land owners but the money will flow direct to the political parasites controlling Albany and New York City. How stupid do they think we are?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Do not call me a liberal Democrat. I am an alleged Desecrat and I voted for Trump. I now like him less, a lot less . If he does not resign, the Republican Party will be destroyed like Hoover did them.

Nobody cares about democrats or republicans we will all suffer together if industrial wind turbines get into the lake! Put the politics aside and unite as Western New Yorkers and stand up for your lake, your fishery and future generations!

• Like 1

Wind mills on the lake bottoms are very expensive to install and maintain. There are lots of landowners willing to install windmills that help pay the taxes they and their neighbors are assessed with. Installing them in our waters will provide nothing for our land owners but the money will flow direct to the political parasites controlling Albany and New York City. How stupid do they think we are?

Wind turbines face fierce opposition on land as well. The landowners may be willing to accept them, but their neighbors put up a huge fight. It might be easier for the wind turbine companies to fight the opposition to water based turbines than land based turbines. I can’t think of a single land based wind turbine project that didn’t have to deal with protesting neighbors.

Serious question.... have the Lackawanna wind turbines had a noticeable environmental effect or effect on fishing? I don’t fish that area and have no idea.

The Lackawana wind turbines are on shore not on the water.Wind Turbines on Lake Erie would have adverse effects on spawning grounds,lake currents, areas off limits to fish and many possibilities of contamination of waters!

Wind turbines face fierce opposition on land as well. The landowners may be willing to accept them, but their neighbors put up a huge fight. It might be easier for the wind turbine companies to fight the opposition to water based turbines than land based turbines. I can’t think of a single land based wind turbine project that didn’t have to deal with protesting neighbors.

Serious question.... have the Lackawanna wind turbines had a noticeable environmental effect or effect on fishing? I don’t fish that area and have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has brought up the amount of oil that they leak. Have never seen this personally but have read how the gearboxes start to leak and it is cheaper to top off oil than to repair gearboxes. I also have talked to an electrical engineer who made the same claim. He was involved with the wind turbines in Texas and Oklahoma and bottom line said be careful what you wish for. A company has installed them in arkwight already and Cherry Creek where I live is next. The biggest reason they are here is the lower income landowners who think a couple Grand a year is life changing. You will never see them in the Catskills or the Adirondacks where the wealthy play

The Lackawana wind turbines are on shore not on the water.Wind Turbines on Lake Erie would have adverse effects on spawning grounds,lake currents, areas off limits to fish and many possibilities of contamination of waters!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics