Early Walleye fishing: Catt Creek to Small Boat Harbor Buffalo.

Talked to a lot of guys who had limits all were working the Canadian line, a lot came on Dipsys, a lot of guys said they marked fish throughout the column. Key was to go deep, 40-55 feet or more. Me, I was the stupid one who bottom bounced the inner harbor and the windmills in about 25-32 ft, got a few hits, no takers marked very little. There was a big bass tournament at the SBH today too. Well live and learn.

Fished this morning from 7:30 to 11:30. Started out at the line but nothing doing. Moved in to 40-45 fow just outside Seneca and picked up eight and lost a few more in two hours. All sticks on core, three color to seven color. Three color was best with a gobey colored Renowski. Pink and purple were the best colors for us.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We got a 3 man limit on Saturday trolling between seneca and the departure buoy. 5 color behind church boards with stickbaits and small dipseys at 2.5 out 65-70 ft. 12 to 14 ft leads behind the dipseys. Sunday we moved close to the border due west of departure B.. Wind shifted to almost due N. so we trolled with the waves at our back ended up in seneca area. Same program for another 3 man limit. All nice eating size eyes. No big fish but no throw backs either.

• Like 1

We got a 3 man limit on Saturday trolling between seneca and the departure buoy. 5 color behind church boards with stickbaits and small dipseys at 2.5 out 65-70 ft. 12 to 14 ft leads behind the dipseys. Sunday we moved close to the border due west of departure B.. Wind shifted to almost due N. so we trolled with the waves at our back ended up in seneca area. Same program for another 3 man limit. All nice eating size eyes. No big fish but no throw backs either.

Thanks Mike. Sounds like the fishing is great.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Checked temp with my fish hawk in about 50 fow . Was 64 five feet off bottom. Had 68-70 at surface. IMHO that the bait and the eyes will start moving over deeper and deeper water in next 10 days. On line between pt Abino and Sturgeon might be real good spot.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics