Sturgeon Point 2019

The first. As I backed away you were pulling the cowl of the motor. I said to my buddy that’s not a good sign . Glad you were able to get it fixed and out.  Yes it’s  been a great year. Caught our 3 man walleye limit yesterday. Five of the fish were 5+ lbs. got a 4 man limit today in 3 hrs
What depth????

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Lake Erie United Mobile App

8 minutes ago, Fishy7816 said:

What depth????

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Went northwestish  67’ to 70’ kind of between the harbor and Evangola. Fish were only in certain areas. When your on them non stop fish on the graph. When the marks drop off we’d turn around and run back through them . I ran 4  dipsy’s with harnesses. Ran the outsides on  a 2 1/2. 170’ back and the insides were on a 1 130’ back. 

• Like 5

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, JustFishin..... said:

Got out this morning, had some trouble with my trim tilt but replaced the relays and headed out finally around 11a. Headed to 100fow down by Dunkirk in search of some lakers ran flasher flies on the bottom and well as spin Dr’s and spoons. On both downriggers and dipsies. Never took a laker, but we did hit some walleye in 90fow on the spoons. Great screen of walleye in 90fow. Been along time since I fished for lakers. Tried running some copper rods as well, but all we did was make a tangled mess with the dipsies! Overall a great day to be out there, glad we worked through our troubles and kept at it. Finally a real nice day out there. Anyone target lakers? Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

0CAEB39C-4535-46D9-9705-22AED1E16B9B.jpeg

We targeted lakers on Monday am. out of Dunkirk, we boated 25 lakers & got 7 eyes as a bonus. we fished 85-110 fow between the stacks & the Portland ball to the west.  All came on Gambler rigs within 10ft. of the bottom.  We had a good day!

• Like 1

We targeted lakers on Monday am. out of Dunkirk, we boated 25 lakers & got 7 eyes as a bonus. we fished 85-110 fow between the stacks & the Portland ball to the west.  All came on Gambler rigs within 10ft. of the bottom.  We had a good day!
Holy cow 25 Lakers most I fish with have a hard time after 2-3 a piece lol....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Things changed in the afternoon on Sunday I think. We got out on the water about 2 pm and fished until dark. Fishing was slower than I expected given the reports of limits at the launch from guys who were coming in. We were drifting with harnesses & bottom bouncers. Caught 5 eyes 17 to 21 inches and 7 jumbo perch. Some perch were very fat with largest being 13.5 inches. Wind died from 4 to 5 pm and then shifted and picked up again from 5 till dark getting stronger as we pulled into marina. Lots of fish marked but tight lipped maybe due to wind and pressure change??  The eyes we got and a number of fish lost were biting very light and slow. Definitely not on the feed like our last time out last week when we limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished pretty far west out of SP today from 12:30 to 7:30 pm. We ended up with a 2 man limit with some better size fish this time... (22,22,23,24,25 inch with the rest smaller). Caught them in 70 to 76 fow. All came on worm harnesses drifting with 1.5 or 2 oz. bottom bouncers, rod in hand. Tried a new Gambler rig for a while and did not get any takes on it but it was before the bite picked up though. I like the spin action of the rig at slower drifting speeds. Fishing was slower from 12:30 to 4 and picked up from 4 to 7:30 when we finished.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, lineman49 said:

Were those walleye caught on Gambler Rigs behind cowbells or on my new Gambler Rig worm harnesses?

Edited by GAMBLER

Fished Sturgeon Saturday Sept 21 2019.

Go straight out until you hit Canadian Line and troll the line in 69 to 70 FOW.

Tons of marks everywhere. Got 15 walleye, 2 perch and one smallmouth.

2 dipseys on 2.5  165 ft back. 2 downriggers  55 down.  Renoskis  or harnesses, didn't seem to matter.

We started late and fished till 4:30 pm.

Lots of boats out there, and fish really turned on just after most of them left to go home about 1:30

Marked fish non-stop once you hit 62 FOW all day long.

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, GAMBLER said:

Were those walleye caught on Gambler Rigs behind cowbells or on my new Gambler Rig worm harnesses?

They were caught on peanut rigs behind cowbells after being released off the riggers & floating up to the surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Just re-reading some of this thread and came to realize, I haven’t been out in over a month. No wonder why I’m acting like an angry teenager. Hahaha!

I heard the sandbar was impassable. However more reliable reporting indicates you can get out of SP just pay close attention as the sandbar has grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

All you have to do is call launch ramp 716 947-4452 and they will tell you and they will also tell you how big the waves are.

Simple and no guessing. Launch ramp people are very friendly and professional.  I was there Sept 21 and sand bar is growing but I launched and returned no problem in a 22 ft I/O.  However,  I doubt you could fit a returning and a leaving boat thru the gap at the same time.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics