Sturgeon Point 2019

Fished from 2 till 7 pm. Straight out in front of Sturgeon point in 58 to 63 fow. We got our 2 man limit. Size ranging from 17 to 21 inches. Dropped a few good ones as well. We used 3 oz. Bottom bouncers with harnesses, rod in hand fishing. Great day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Fished from 6 15 to 8 45pm today in 50 to 58 fow straight out of SP. 1 silver bass, and 3 walleye. 20190825_202458.thumb.jpeg.f1068dbee1cd2eb043ccb218328b276e.jpeg

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I see you posted in the catt thread you started in 70 fow. If the water is that deep your running west. Try going N to NW. Start in 60ish fow. The fish are from 45 to the bottom. Run your gear around 50’ to 55’ down. Speed should be between 2 to 2.5 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Got out this morning, had some trouble with my trim tilt but replaced the relays and headed out finally around 11a. Headed to 100fow down by Dunkirk in search of some lakers ran flasher flies on the bottom and well as spin Dr’s and spoons. On both downriggers and dipsies. Never took a laker, but we did hit some walleye in 90fow on the spoons. Great screen of walleye in 90fow. Been along time since I fished for lakers. Tried running some copper rods as well, but all we did was make a tangled mess with the dipsies! Overall a great day to be out there, glad we worked through our troubles and kept at it. Finally a real nice day out there. Anyone target lakers? Any tips?

0CAEB39C-4535-46D9-9705-22AED1E16B9B.jpeg

Edited by JustFishin.....

I launched next to you. Didn’t know it was you. Was wondering what you were doing with all the fancy gear. Now I know. For lakers we usually use just a silver spoon with green or chartreuse stripe.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Nice! Did you launch next to us the first time or second time, haha. Had to pull the boat the first time after the motor wouldn’t tilt down, to figure out the trim tilt issue.

I had never specifically targeted Lakers so I figured run the old Lake O gear and we’d be good. Hahaha. Live and learn! Was a great day to be out there.

6 minutes ago, JustFishin..... said:

Nice! Did you launch next to us the first time or second time, haha. Had to pull the boat the first time after the motor wouldn’t tilt down, to figure out the trim tilt issue.

I had never specifically targeted Lakers so I figured run the old Lake O gear and we’d be good. Hahaha. Live and learn! Was a great day to be out there.

The first. As I backed away you were pulling the cowl of the motor. I said to my buddy that’s not a good sign 😒. Glad you were able to get it fixed and out.  Yes it’s  been a great year. Caught our 3 man walleye limit yesterday. Five of the fish were 5+ lbs. got a 4 man limit today in 3 hrs

Edited by RandyD
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics