Sturgeon Point 2019

Fished from 2:30 till 8 pm yesterday (Wednesday) almost straight out from SP with my daughter. Wind shifted and picked up later in afternoon. Drifted with harnesses and bouncers. Boated 7 eyes and a good perch. Ran into many sheepshead as well. Last bite before we called it quits was my best walleye to date. A slim 29.5 inch 7.2 pounder. Almost lost him as he flopped out of the net on my daughter. We quickly recovered and scooped him back up.20190724_195200.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Nice. We saw them stacked up on the bottom on the way in at 4pm. I figured a nice drift would work. Back in the day we used the chugging irons almost exclusively. Junebug spinner with a yellow Sally and crawler or a flatfish with middle hooks removed and a crawler piece on the back. 

• Like 2

Today's fishing out of SP was very good. I don't think we ever saw 60 fow. We spent most of our time in 55 - 58 fow.  The workhorses today were watermellon harnesses on divers, out 150.  but we also got fish on 4 and 5 color cores with sticks..... and harnesses on the riggers also took a few. We wound up with 12 fish, and 2 more that were released when clearing lines....... We never caught a sheepie or a silver bass..... all walleyes....... biggest fish was 24". At times, the screen was insane with fish. We got our 12th right around 9AM...... Silly Good Fishing. 

Another good day yesterday out of SP. Pretty much the same stuff as Friday, except we took fewer fish up high on the lead cores. 18 fish by 9:45. All fish but one on harnesses. Pink was good, as was gold........

Edited by J. Sparrow
  • Like 2

Fished out of SP yesterday from 1 pm to dusk. Caught 4 and dropped a few. Heading out the reports at the launch from guys who fished the morning were good. Things must have changed some in the afternoon as the breeze died down. Did some searching but never found what I would call a "good screen". Only marks sporadically. Got a nice 24 inch and a 23 as well. Lost the drifting breeze and probably should have gone to trolling sooner? Nice day to be out even though the cooler was light.

• Like 1

Was out Monday. Searched and trolled and searched and trolled. Marked and picked fish here and there for 3+ hours until we had to pull ines and the screen lit up.  I kid you not.  Worked the school for a few minutes and picked a few more.  Ended with eight nice thick eaters.  Was actually out of the Catt and ran slightly west to about 75fow.  Screen got better as we worked towards Evangola.  Definitely not the rediculous screens we saw the last couple in that area/depth.  I feel they are probably a bit deeper and closer to the line as I got nearly 70 degrees near bottom. Until next time.  Tights lines folks.

Has been so windy probably not a lot to report

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Very true, this wind is getting old. I have read from the Charter guys that The Buffalo bite has cooled so SP, Catt and Barcelona have all been good. Still waiting for a weekend day without 4ftrs. Maybe Sunday will be my day?!?

Also if you have Facebook, check out WNY Walleye Fishing. There have been good reports and lots of guys reporting the conditions.

Got out after work for a bit today. Finally got my brother out and on the meat. We didn’t get out to 65fow where I wanted to be but set up on 52-56 with some decent marks on the bottom. Boated six in an hour and a half, ran two down riggers and a bottom bouncer. Worm harnesses were the ticket. IMG_1675.JPG

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics