Sturgeon Point 2019

Well fellas, we launched around 9:30 and it was blowin hard, around 10 it started raining. We beat our way toward buffalo and 40fow the flipped around and rode the waves back. Ran 2 5 colors and a seven down the shoot. Took a walleye and a small mouth. Pulled the lines and went right in. Kiddos were freezing (as was I) and it was starting to not be great fun. Hope you all have a safe and great day. As my kids were singing rain rain go away come back in a work day!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Took my daughter out today ran a three rod spread. A bottom bouncer, 5 color and 7 color. Screen was best in 55-58fow just west of SP toward the cat. However we didn’t get the mouths to open, ran 1.3-2.2. We marked fish all the way through the water column but no walleye taken today for us. We did fish 1p to around 4p so that may be part of it. Hope to get out again this week or next weekend. Tight lines all. Schedule hasn’t been working out for me to hit the prime hours. Hoping to get some evening hours in

Fished west of Sturgeon point today also. Bottom bounced deeper 67 to 59 until breeze died. Decided to troll shallower with dipsey divers and harnesses 50 to 55 feet. Lots of solid marks but no bites except 2 sheepshead and 1 perch. Fished from 2:30 till 8. The mud line from the rain and Catt had water cloudy.
Good job mike m.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We fished for walleyes between SP and the Catt from about noon to 4 and wound up with 3 walleyes( 8, 4, 3 lb.)...... all on harnesses. 60ish FOW, 1.4 - 1.8 mph at the ball....... 2 on the riggers at 40 - 55, and one on the diver out 130...........

I think we could have had a better box, but we wasted the morning looking for some active perch..... we found them, but they didn't want goldies..... wish we would have had some emeralds. 

• Like 2

These reports confirm what I have learned the last 3 years fishing from catt, SP, and Buffalo SBH: the fishing is not good and stable until August and September! Then, we get 3 and 4 man limits. I can't understand it, but it is what it is. In June and July, I don't do well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

These reports confirm what I have learned the last 3 years fishing from catt, SP, and Buffalo SBH: the fishing is not good and stable until August and September! Then, we get 3 and 4 man limits. I can't understand it, but it is what it is. In June and July, I don't do well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I have done extraordinarily well in June-September the last few years. I wouldn’t let a few slow days influence you. Last year all July we had 30-40 fish days. All about finding the active feeders

• Like 1

I think our early walleye fishing has been very good.  Coming out of SBH each time out were over deeper and deeper water. We started  in the 30-40fow range a couple weeks ago. Now were anywhere from 50-64fow. Near the border has been good for us. 5 color has been the hot rod behind an inline board. We run all sticks . Purple/pink, purple,wonderbread & chautruse pink silver have been good colors. We're also running small dipseys at 2.5 65-70 out on braid. Dipsey leads 12-14 ft. Speed around 2.0-2.5.  We've got a limit or near limit each time out. If you find mountains of bait stay in that area.

• Like 4

Launched out of SP yesterday at around 4p headed east and fished 48-52 FOW near Seneca Shoal. We had a good screen, were running 1.8-2.0 mph took one on an inside board on a turn and that was all the info we needed. Dropped the speed to 1.3-1.5 and the action was non-stop. All lures took fish sticks and harnesses, had out purple/pink, copper purple, silver blue, rainbow, silver black. Ran 5 and 7 colors and both downriggers 5-10feet off the bottom. My daughters double up! Great fun! Caught around 20 total.

Stay alert, stay alive fellas, there was a lot of sticks, debris, and large logs out there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Launched out of SP around 6:30p, went down to the Silver Creek wind mill and trolled back to Sturgeon. We played around with some spoons and a few different techniques. The tried and true took fish, harnesses off leadcore were hot. Spoons on downriggers took a few. Great fireworks shows all up the coast. Beautiful night out there, had the lake to ourselves.

• Like 1

Launched yesterday (Tuesday) out of SP at 2:30 pm. Motored west to about even with Evans Bar but out in 62 feet. Picked up one on Bottom Bouncer with fire moss VMC harness. Wind died shortly after that and went in shallower to jig. Not enough marks so motored back out in front of SP in about 58 to 60 fow. Trolled around with dipsy divers. Picked up 4 more. 1 on a spoon and 3 on same color tiger moss harness. One fish looked like it had been bitten by a muskie around the belly. Great day except the lake went completely flat with no wind. Not good for our preferred method of drifting with rod in hand. Great sunset and half moon coming in.

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics