Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MCF

Dunkirk NY Pier closed 4/8 to 8/10/19 Ramp remains open

Heads up for those who fish or take a summer drive.  Dunkirk pier is closing 4/8/19 to approximately 8/10/19.  Renovation after 40 years.   Boat launch and everything in that general area is open and the same

as it has been. 

What a waste of NY Tax Payers Money! All to older & handicapped people that drive out onto the pier to fish will now have to park a good ways away and walk out.Incase of a Marina fire,the fire trucks would no longer be able to have a position of angle to spray water.The NYSDEC Argo Research Vessel use to load and unload supplies from side of the pier would be hard for them to carry equipment down the dock.
The money would have been better spent on deteriorating outer breakwalls!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, mostlymuskies said:

What a waste of NY Tax Payers Money! All to older & handicapped people that drive out onto the pier to fish will now have to park a good ways away and walk out.Incase of a Marina fire,the fire trucks would no longer be able to have a position of angle to spray water.The NYSDEC Argo Research Vessel use to load and unload supplies from side of the pier would be hard for them to carry equipment down the dock.
The money would have been better spent on deteriorating outer breakwalls!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

yes, there's a nationwide effort orchestrated by the liberals to eliminate car traffic and replace it with foot traffic and bicycles... yes even in wintery Buffalo. Crazy stupid kids acting as politicians must be making these calls.

Soon you wont be able to drive around our spectacular LaSalle Park (soon to be Ralph Wilson park)..., as a new walmart style parking lot is planned at the entrance so you'll only be able to walk a mile around on bike paths or ride your lousy bike to the water etc. You wont see me there anymore, no friggin way. Urban living is getting strange in these liberal-driven areas. 

A friend went to Dunkirk to launch today and said there was parking for about 8 truck with trailers after the make over. if this is true where is every one parking there trucks and trailers that fishes out of there, there has to be more then 8 spots to park, I would hope.