Buffalo Harbor perching

Sunday afternoon the leader of the docks attempted to arrest fishermen from fishing on his property. A posse of law enforcement responded to settle the situation when the fishermen responded that his docks are his but he does not own the water. He should remove the docks then. No summons were issued but standby for
more of the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

People have been fishing the docks for a few weeks now with no problems. I've fished there myself the past two weeks with no problems. I don't know what changed but Jim you are right. Those docks are an impediment to shore fisherman. They have taken away a considerable amount of water area for fishing. This is after all a State Park that our tax dollars support. His docks are his property but the water that they float on are the property of us tax paying citizens and encroach on our ability to fish productive areas. The State Park system needs to get involved to protect our rights........Standing by for more of the story.

• Like 1

His 2 million dollars have bought him the rights to operate the marina. The boating season is over for the year. His docks are encroaching on the ability of shore fisherman to pursue their sport. The state should step in and require that the docks be pulled when the bating season is over. Keith Pease is nothing but a manager for Safe Harbor Development LLC. Safe Harbor paid a lot of money for the rights to operate the marina. Those rights should not infringe on the people who pay taxes to support the State Park system. Pull the damn docks and let the shore fisherman enjoy what we used to have......nuff said.

Check out Safe Harbor website..... http://safeharbormarinas.com/about/  big business at its finest.

I was made aware of the situation a few days ago by friends that were told to leave. Even though I am not in senator Gallavan’s district, I sat down with his aid in Warsaw , Mark Rieman.  We spent 45 minutes discussing the situation and I gave him a few pictures of the new no fishing signs and the security person asking the fisherman to leave. Mark will inform the senator and they will both address the situation. I will keep everyone informed. 

Please help by contacting your local legislators and informing them too.

• Like 2

If they are going to enforce this ridiculous no fishing the docks rule, why don't they start enforcing the ramp rules. Specifically the boat prep area and the launch-retrieve ramps. There is now a designated boat prep area with ample signage, yet you still have people using the top of the ramp for this purpose. Then you have people using the launch dock to retrieve their boat. Not a big problem when it's not busy, but weekends are another story. I had an incident this past summer related to this. Since I'm retired I normally don't do weekends, but my kids don't have that same luxury, so off we went. Got to the prep area and got the boat ready. Proceeded to the launch ramp and backed up to where a boat and two gents were standing. Each launch ramp had the same situation. Now in my mind I believed that they were waiting for the person that parked their vehicle and trailer. Well, within a minute or two, a truck and empty trailer was standing in front of me. It was then I realized what was going on. He tooted his horn to get my attention so I tooted back and waved. So he gets out of his truck and says he needs to retrieve his boat. I proceeded to tell him that this is a launch ramp and "I ain't moving". I decided to take this stand because this is not the first time I've seen this happen. I've complained in the past to marina personnel but nothing ever changed. So after about fifteen minutes they convince this guy to use the retrieve ramp. So I get my boat in the water, park my truck and trailer, and head to the dock. I'm met there by a Manager who went on tell me that we all need to  civil. I was civil throughout this whole incident which was not the case for the other party, hurling f-bombs and other obscentities, all this in front of my kids and grandson. To sum it up, enforce all rules equally.

Edited by Locoman

it wasn't any better when the nfta ran it in my opinion it was worse but you could fish when the boats were not in the water I got in so many arguments I ended up docking it if our fellow boaters had any sense or respect for each other everything would run smoothly but nobody cares its me me me  just my opinion

jeff

• 2 weeks later...

A law existed for an easement by prescription. If you use someone’s property for your purpose and it is sold you may continue to use the property “. Also Lake Erie has never been sold to anyone including the state. Only the native tribes still own the lakes. A sign posting a property must have a name and address on it. The janitor must not want fishermen using the bathrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics