I just want to learn how to catch walleye in Lake Erie

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of lake yuri. but for catching eyes on erie it would help to know which basin your planning to fish. you can start fishing the reefs in the western basin as early as april. you can drift and cast 3/4 oz to 1 oz jigs tipped with emerald shiners. or you can  join the trollers. by mid may you can start drift fishing weight forward spinners or trolling crank baits around the cans or islands in the western basin. by mid july the bite in the central basin gets going good. you can get earlier fish in the central basin. but I like later in the yr.

for early trolling use cranks with snap or inline weights and troll slow 1.0 to 1.5 seems to work good. when the water warms then spoons and harnesses come into play. by mid july the fishing in the central basin is usually hot. but we usually do good on harnesses running 1.8 to 2.0 but this yr it was all spoons at 2.8 to 3.0. we were getting 5 man limits with 6 rods in just over 4 hrs. but we heard of guys getting limits in much less time. early to mid july this yr the fish were in close. we got our fish in 58' to 65' of water fishing 25' to 45' deep. or 100' to 150' leads on our lite bite slide divers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for recommending me guys. If your interested in learning lake Erie please don't hesitate to call me. 716-796-5372 I also run a tackle store specializing in lake Erie trolling. I will be conducting several seminars at the Niagara Falls fishing show. Thanks, Capt Jim Skoczylas

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics