Hello All,   I am a very novice  fisherman. I am used to inland small lakes and mainly fish for bass.  I  am in the process of purchasing a older Sea Ray 240 sundancer that i am hoping to use for walleye and perch fishing as well as a family overnighter to the islands .   I would like to get sep up  for walleye as the priority. I am a carpenter by trade and getting close to retirement age.  Hope to make new friends  and gain  knowlege of fishing techniques, equipment, etc. I am very excited to get out on the "BIG" lake

welcome to this sight.

reels in order but there is other reels I have no knowledge on.

shimano tekota lc

daiwa sealine lc3b

daiwa accudepth plus lc

okuma convector

okuma magda pro

i've heard good things about okuma cold water but I know nothing about them myself.

I use the daiwa sealine sg17lca and the sg17lc3b and they work great for walleye. you do want to use the same brand and size reels for trolling. you want to fill then with the same amount of line. if you run 30# braid in will work for boards or divers. but you want a mono backing on you reels before you put the braid on. you just want enough braid on top to fish. ujse as much mono backing to fill the reel up to where you attach the braid with a double uni to uni knot. I have 300' of braid on top of 17# mono.

rods,

you don't need anything fancy for trolling rods.

I recommend the daiwa wilderness trolling rods in 8' med action. this rod works great for boards or dipsy's. they are 19.99 at fishusa.com

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics