2018 Deer season

steelie

• 3 weeks later...

Been slow for us Brandon- saw 2 shooters opening day chasing well out of range-passed up a small buck yesterday and the doe are staying out of shotgun range..... for now. I’m at it till Sunday- hoping for the best. My buddy shot this buck yesterday that folded on camera- what were the oddsIMG_1709.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sometimes I question my sanity! Steady snow this morning in Eden- the woods are painted white- no movement no distant shots- even the squirrels are sleeping in- in my blind set up for just such a day/tomorrow morning doesn’t look very nice either - still better than work! Good luck to any other die hards in the woods today IMG_1714.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some really great photos, stories and family hunts awesome. I only ask one thing please be mindful of the gorey photos with lots of blood and tongues hanging out. Please tuck it in or cut it off. All these photos do is give the anti hunter more ammo. It doesn't take much to pose the deer tastefully, with a pull over here a few feet and cut or tuck the tongue. A deer with it tongue hanging spoils a great photo. Again be mindful of the fact that we hunters are by far the minority in this country. Happy safe hunting in 2019!!!

Thank you for your kind response. We all know how secure the internet is but other than that how much EFFORT does it really take to did it TASTEFULLY for everyone's sake almost NONE! So your trying to tell me the majority of outdoor people prefer gross and bloody pictures to more pleasing one's? HMMM maybe the editors and publishers of outdoor life, American Hunter etc. need to be reeducated.  Are blood and guts pictures really a better art form than tastefully done pictures or who really cares we are HUNTERS!!!.  REALLY??? No one mounts their deer heads that way tongue out blood on the hide. I wonder why?  There must be a reason, after all it going be displayed in their residence for mostly their eyes only.  The inner circle argument ( for our eyes only) doesn't really hold water or justify the lack of care.   Man up everyone it only takes a few extra thoughtful  minutes to do it right and be RESPECTFUL of the game you kill. The Indians did and so and so do I because I want to be  RESPECTFUL of everyone and of all things great and small.  I am former USMC ( Marine) retired and Viet Nam vet whose had seen a lot more than deer blood. There's good, better and best. Have a Blessed day. The Kid

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics