Walleye Dunkirk fishing

4 hours ago, fishmaster said:

Caught a bunch today to the west.  90 to 105ft was best.  Riggers down 66 to 70ft with spoons, 10 color lead, and dispsey set on one 150ft back worked best.  Speed varied but 2.3 to 2.5 was best today.

Similar results caught a two man limit. early had success 80 to 90 ft. Then moved out to 90 to 100 ft.  Fish were from 40 ft to bottom. Ran 4 dipsy’s 150 to 160 on 1’s.  190 to 200 on 3 using worm harnesses. Ton of bait on the bottom 

• Like 1

We got 23 today from 7:00 to noon. I dropped one over the side being careless with the Boga. Didn't bother me early in the morning when it happened but man when I could not get that last fish they were sure to remind me.

Here is what worked (not that it matters because everything works)

Riggers took 5 and the biggest fish, purple NK and a Chicken Wing spoons.

Dipseys took 5, one setting back 140 and two setting back 155.
Both had harnesses, orange hatchet blade and purple hatchet blade.

Leadcore with a mix of Renosky and Bay Rats caught the rest. 6 & 7 color were the best accounting for 9 fish, those two rods out fished the 9 and 10's. Natural color Renosky (don't know name sorry) and a purple Bay Rat were the sticks on the 6 & 7 color.

Had my buddy and his son out for their first Walleye trip ever, these fish make everybody look like experts. They were all smiles and took home a bunch of fillets. The best part was the size of the fish, only had three that were under 18", most were around 4 or 5 lbs. Good luck all.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics