Tournament General Discussion

I’ve been fishing a few tournaments for a few years now and would like to expand in the future. I have noticed that not all the tournaments treat weigh ins the same. Some measure the length and weight while others that have minimum length requirements don’t measure the length. Is this common?

Also some check the fish for things stuffed in them, others not. Why doesn’t every tournament, check the length, check the stomachs/throats and run a metal detector by the fish? I’m sure there is a thought process behind it, just looking for some insight. Given the $ on the line for these it would seem like it should all be standardized.

Any recommendations for tournaments that you like?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

Most if not all have lie detector test at the end. It is not as simple as you would think and different tourney have different rules.  Mostly to do with how you treat you’re fish after being caught. 

Trust me that the lie detector is no joke. Very exstensive and done by a guy whom has done them for the FBI. If you don’t pay attention at the captains meeting and completely understand the rules I’m sure you could get disqualified without intentionally cheating.  

In the Sunset bay shootout it is a dry box tourney so if you put your fish in a live well with water you would fail lie dector and get disqualified. Other tourney have a lie dector but have different rules. 

No need to do all the inspections of fish if you have a legitimate lie dector which most of the big paying tournament do on east end. 

Ron, Dances w Fish

• Like 1

I love them all. I had a great experience at the 444 in port colbourne. Well run tourney and lots of fun. Plus the fishing is different then I’m used to and I got to learn a lot. 

Sunset is cool because of the money and venue. Tourney got big fast. Don is working on making improvements on various things for next year. 

Rob Ray tourney have a good payout little more relaxed but a lot of fun. 

Jim and Diane on the Innovative Outdoors Tourney Run a great tourney and it’s got bigger every year. Payouts are good and they are on the ball. 

I fish the Con Club and it’s a great run tourney. I just don’t prefer a big fish format. (Or maybe I’m bitter because we led for two days and blew it on day three for a third place finish)

I’ll be honest I really miss the two day 5 or 6 fish tourney.  So much strategy after day one and putting together a 6 fish box two days in a row is hard.  

Ron

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I love them all. I had a great experience at the 444 in port colbourne. Well run tourney and lots of fun. Plus the fishing is different then I’m used to and I got to learn a lot. 
Sunset is cool because of the money and venue. Tourney got big fast. Don is working on making improvements on various things for next year. 
Rob Ray tourney have a good payout little more relaxed but a lot of fun. 
Jim and Diane on the Innovative Outdoors Tourney Run a great tourney and it’s got bigger every year. Payouts are good and they are on the ball. 
I fish the Con Club and it’s a great run tourney. I just don’t prefer a big fish format. (Or maybe I’m bitter because we led for two days and blew it on day three for a third place finish)
I’ll be honest I really miss the two day 5 or 6 fish tourney.  So much strategy after day one and putting together a 6 fish box two days in a row is hard.  
Ron

Thanks Ron!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics