Like LOU much better then LEU

Theres something different about the LEU site vs. the LOU site. Seems like theres alot of old info that you have to sift thru on the LEU site, before you get to the new stuff. On LOU you go to fishing reports for South shore and first items listed are the newest posts. I wish the LEU site great success I just wish followed the LOU format. I do fish both lakes so i'm constantly looking at both sites.

Theres something different about the LEU site vs. the LOU site. Seems like theres alot of old info that you have to sift thru on the LEU site, before you get to the new stuff. On LOU you go to fishing reports for South shore and first items listed are the newest posts. I wish the LEU site great success I just wish followed the LOU format. I do fish both lakes so i'm constantly looking at both sites.

Mike M, when you open a forum there is an option you can choose to sort the way the thread opens. For example, go to Open Lake Discussion, on the header that lists the number of pages look to the right and you will see sort by. Click on that and choose the way you want the thread to open. Hope this helps. This site is a great site but has far fewer members than LOU and is much younger.

I think its a great site, yes sometimes the info is lacking being precisely up to date, it is what it is. I think most want some place to start without blindly going into the lake, yes there will be some who want specific info but they get what they get. I think that is also a factor that LOU has a lot of charters that post and many charters and other guys have bigger boats to get out in the bigger waves. Also Ontario guys on the west end get better weather, where most on Erie are on the east end so weather is a huge factor to get out. Just look at the info before last weekend, it was pretty slim due to the bad weather.

I belong to both sites and use both, each has their own thing going. I have learned a ton since LEU started.

• Like 3

Thank you for the feedback guys - this is great for me to hear.  Keep in mind that LOU was started in 2003 and took 15 years to build to what it is today.  If you want to compare apples to apples, LOU had 300 members in it's 2nd year.  LEU is in it's second year now and we are already at 2,594 members!  Now that number of members is small when compared with LOU today at 20,000+ members but keep in mind the site is young and starting a forum from scratch is just about the hardest task one can take on in this day in the facebook-age. 

I like what we got going here and I will be excited to see where the site stands 5, 10 and 15 years from now... you guys will be able to then say, I was a member of LEU back when it only was only a year or two old :emoticon-0148-yes:

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts about COMBINING the fishing reports of warm and cold water species to just be one single forum for all reports.  Would that be a better approach?  Let me hear your thoughts..

Thanks again guys!

Chad

Agreed. I am thankful for the LEU site, but the format, and navigation is better on the LOU site. Maybe whoever does this site can check the LOU site and you will see what we are talking about. Thanks for listening to constructive criticism.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Chad runs both sites I believe

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's correct guys - I run both sites.  LEU was designed and based entirely off the template of LOU so things should be very similar in all aspects.  If there is something specific, let me know and I can look into more for us.

Thanks again everyone!

Chad

I think the site is fine, my biggest issues are I am still having problems logging in on the app (android) and now on line (web) I am getting a spam popup. I have tried reinstalling the app a few times and it works for a short time then wants my login again then will not work. 

I think they are both great. (LOU & LEU) there are a lot more members on Lou but we are getting there. The more members the more reports. I for one think Chad is doing a great job at both sites.
Although I think there should be Pro membership on LEU like LOU.
I think the information I gain from this site is very unique and can’t be found easily elsewhere and is well worth 20.00 $ a year.
Keep up the great work Chad.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

I think the reports section could be made better by organizing it by location. For example when I started a topic this spring I gave it the title of small boat harbor, 2018. Others began placing tjier reports on there, and it made it much easier for folks who are wanting information on SBH fishing. Other reports titles could be made for sturgeon point 2018, Catt Creek 2018, etc.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Lake Erie United will pick up more members when it devotes columns to Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Ontario news and reports. Lake Erie United should have stories of the whole state including Lake Erie.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Jim, I agree with what you are saying, but if you look at Myfishfinder.com you'll see people from these areas don't report. Especially Ohio. Tight lipped buggers there. We've got a good thing goin' here IMHO.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!  Really appreciate this.  I will work on merging the fishing reports forum into a single one over the weekend (unless you have any objections). 

I also wanted to share a new feature I worked on last night.... starting yesterday, all new posts in the LEU classifieds will automatically be shared with the LOU audience as well.  Here is a screen shot of what it will look like on LOU:

LEUtoLOU.png

This should help with a little cross-traffic and extra promotion of the items posted for sale here.  There is nothing extra you have you do, just post to LEU and it will show on LOU.  The posts shown on LOU are locked, this means no replies will be made on there.  It will just show a link to the LEU listing where people can view full post and respond on LEU.  This way you don't have to worry about managing multiple posts in different locations.  Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again -

Chad

Thanks for all the feedback guys!  Really appreciate this.  I will work on merging the fishing reports forum into a single one over the weekend (unless you have any objections). 
I also wanted to share a new feature I worked on last night.... starting yesterday, all new posts in the LEU classifieds will automatically be shared with the LOU audience as well.  Here is a screen shot of what it will look like on LOU:
LEUtoLOU.thumb.png.6479437251d755b7f50f3f87f82977f2.png
This should help with a little cross-traffic and extra promotion of the items posted for sale here.  There is nothing extra you have you do, just post to LEU and it will show on LOU.  The posts shown on LOU are locked, this means no replies will be made on there.  It will just show a link to the LEU listing where people can view full post and respond on LEU.  This way you don't have to worry about managing multiple posts in different locations.  Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks again -
Chad
Will the Lou stuff come here as well?

No not for the time being simply because the content flow from LOU would be too high.  I wouldn’t want to fill the entire LEU classifieds with LOU stuff.  This is one way street for now to help generate additional traffic to LEU
No doubt. Cool idea

• Thanks 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics