Small Boat Harbor's Crazy Narrow entrance & exit!!!

Besides the ramp itself being an absurd design I don't see a problem. Idiots will always take too much time and not care about others. I pull through the parking spot whichever way I can and pull straight out whichever way. The worst part to me is the weekends coming in about 12 or so all the pleasure boats launching on the retrieval side. 

• Like 1

Who ever designed the access and regress to and from the new ramps at SBH should be fired !! Obviously the person has never pulled a boat behind a truck or car. Look at all those scuff marks!! Wonder how many have had blowouts on trailer tires caused by damage to tire sidewalls. All curbs should be beveled like they do on roundabouts. Moorons!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

How true Mike. How about a tire that gets compromised and scuffed at SBH but doesn't blow out until the T way at 65 or 70 MPH when heated up NIGHTMARE!!!! It's gonna happen unfortunately someday to someone, some family. To many fools designing things from behind desks " a dangerous place from which to view the world"

It was a really good idea to move the launch to the South end. No more shuttle, no more weaving boats through the entire marina. That's where the good ideas stopped. Whoever designed it really bungled it . I assume he or she isn't a boater.  It's not just the medians and turn radius . The ramps are too long. The elevated concrete sections before the docks make it impossible to open your vehicle door, or quickly get onto the dock if you are launching alone. Then, they run a bike and pedestrian walkway right across the launch. C'mon man.  They must not care if people get injured or boats and vehicles are damaged. 

• Like 1

Ok ladies and gentlemen HERE's the PERSON to CALL at The Buffalo Harbor State Park to voice your opinion & Concerns regarding the entrance and exit at the SBH!!!  Silence is golden but not in this case, he told me I am the 1st person to contact him this year. He's the manger of The Buffalo Harbor State Park, AKA the SBH Please  Contact and ask for : Vince @  716- 822-1207. If we you don't make waves they'll never know and things will never change.

Thx,

The KID

Please feel free to vent but then follow up with some positive comments or solutions. Call Vince, bitching among ourselves accomplishes nothing.  He's a key to one of the locks. It's a PROCESS!!!  Vince thinks there's no problem and it was designed this way to prevent speeding. I talked to him today. I told him it was one of the worst designs in the state system. Action gets results we all know just talk is cheap. Go gem em Ivo.

That's not what Vince told me today. Do you have 1st hand info or is this your best GUESS??? Do you have a better CONTACT for us??? No one person makes a change like this a smart guy like you should know that. Vince works for NYS and is the manager of  the whole Buffalo Harbor State Park. With out him on our side we get nothing!!!!!

• Like 1

You are right. I am just guessing. But I do know that management of the  SBH has changed hands more than once. And changing the design might be complicated since it was just redone. mostlymuskies may know where or to whom concerns and suggestions can be voiced. But even with support, getting planning, approval and funding for any major physical changes may take some time. Maybe the contractors that designed and did the work have some responsibility too. Maybe small changes or changes in the way it is managed could be accomplished relatively easier.

The launch belongs to NYS Parks Dept.,they are responsible for it alone.NY State Engineers designed the Launch without our input from the fishermen or Save Boat Harbor.We were asked to help with some issues after it was built.We have complained about the narrow roads in the past and have gotten no where.Collectively more may get done if it it became a ECFSC issue involving all the Sportsmans Clubs in Erie County.There also should be a wheel chair lift to load handicap people in and out of boats. Parking needs to be designated on corner of parking lot by fish cleaning station ,for those cleaning fish to park.Maybe a little dock wagon to roll coolers to fish cleaning station and return to lot.

Maybe for this year we can at least get a little more control over the launch & retrieval process by controlling the launchers to available ramps at the booth only when available,holding them in line until ramp is open.At least this will stop most of the bottle neck above ramps with 12 or more trying to launch all at the same time fighting for position.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

At this point we have to wait for the next EFAB Meeting to form a committee to walk thru the problems at the SBH Launch.A couple quick fixes are a sign way ahead just as you enter curbed area telling you all boats must stop at pull over get ready area ahead and on the launch docks signs telling you to move your boat to the end of the dock after launching so others can launch.There may be some minor curb removal in turning areas,but I do not think in the main road.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics