Wire Dipsy Rods

Hey guys.  Looking for some feedback on your wire dipsy rods.   Looking to change mine.   I see Okuma has some  with roller tips.   Do you like those tips?  Better than Twily tip?  Will be using mostly regular size dipsy.   Dual use for walleye and salmon.  Thanks in advance.  

I’ve used all three and would say it is kind of a “how much do you want to spend” situation.  As Jerry says the twili tips work fine and are inexpensive.  I have several of the torpedo roller tips which have worn well.  I also have a couple full roller rods which have been good too.  If you spend much time on Lake Ontario with kings is when the rollers pay off.  If you go with twili’s get a spare as they do tend to wear faster.  To me the biggest issue with wire is keeping it under pressure and staying away from kinks to prevent break off.

• Like 1

I have Okuma Blue Diamond wire roller rods.  2 in 10' length and 2 in 8'6" length.  I just looked again on FishUSA where I bought them this past winter and I no longer see the 8'6" wire model for sale.  I use them with the regular size dipsy and they pull great, but the 10' is definitely stiffer.  Finally, I plan to use them both for walleye and salmon.  Caught a few walleye so far, but no salmon yet.  With the 10' rods, I put 25' of PowerPro at the end of the wire so I can break down the rod for storage and not worry about kinking the wire.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics