Walleye Barcelona

Normally we add five mph to winds on Lake Erie compared to shore winds. But with high temperatures of surface water temperatures and cold air from the north, the lake generates its own weather system. Look offshore and if you see saw tooth waves out there conditions are not good. The weather buoys wave heights indicate the buoy travel, but it is not an accurate height of the wave since the buoy travels are short of the wave heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

I see 11 -12 MPH winds out of the N.E. Friday to Sunday. Gusts to 18 MPH. Then rain Monday. How do you think a Lund Alaskan 1600 would fair. Seems to me they always under estimate winds. I have a handicapped wife, so I can't let her get beat up  by wind and waves. 7 hours trip one way for us also.  thanks!
Stay home It's rough .I have place along the lake ( Angola) I see plenty of Whitecaps today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Fished a little bit east of the harbor today. 23 in just under 3 hours, one Steelhead as well. We stayed in 75 fow the whole time. Everything worked, mix of sticks and harnesses. 5-6-7-9 color cores, dipseys out 80 to 90 on a 2 setting were really good. Riggers were ok but the quietest of all the rods.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

6 hours ago, RD9 said:

They are always there. You should probably be outside perch nets this time of year. 

Thanks. usually I fish SP and Dunkirk.  Thought I’d try Barcelona and a friend was told me to be careful of the nets. Wasn’t sure how deep of water they were in.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics