Motot issues

Rich

I agree with lineman altho I have never owned a 2 stroke outboard I have owned many dirt bikes and they all smoke on start up.

Part of it if I had to guess is the fact that they idle before shut off not burning the oil which leaves it in the cylinder till next start causing a little smoke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Previous out boards I have had did not smoke as bad. I mixed my own fuel. From what I have read these VRO.s do not maintain the correct mixture untill the Rpm's are up. Hence the mixture is Rich at idle.Just dont like smoking the guys out the next dock over !

VRO stands for variable ratio oiling and is an oil injection system.  I don’t know much about those systems other than it was pretty common for owners to disable that system and go back to premixing 2 stroke oil and gas at the tank.  If the system still works after 30 years, I guess I’d leave it alone. The older 2 strokes do smoke more than the newer direct injection 2 strokes available today.  You might do an internet search on VRO for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics