Bottom Bouncers equipment

Sorry for the rookie questions but like I said in my earlier posts I'm new to Lake Erie. It sounds like I need to learn to pull bottom bouncers to have any luck catching walleyes.  I've got a million questions but I will try to only ask a few at a time. Here are a few I need help with to start.

What is the best rod reel combo for pulling bottom bouncers? What is the best rod length?  Do I need line counters reels?  Do I need boards? Can I even  use boards with bottom bouncers? Where do I find the 4,5,6 oz bottom bouncers?

Okuma dead eye 8'6" bottom bouncing rod with any level wind reel, I prefer okuma convector cv-45. You don't need boards, you can run 3 line off the back of the boat no problem, I prefer to run braided on my bouncers with around a 10' flouro leader. You can get all this on fishusa.com

You can find 4 oz and up bottom bouncers online.  Jannsnetcraft.com is an example.  I too prefer the braid, 10lb power pro works for me.  I run the braid to my bouncer, than run a flourcarbon worm harness of typically 4' to 5'.  Some of my buddies go shorter.  The linecountesr aren't necessary but can help you stay consistent, especially if you have friends on the boat.  Also they are nice to have for other methods of fishing.  I run 7' casting rods off the sides and any length that I can center off the back of the boat.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics